Frequent Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU READING? MAY 2020

@judaline You're welcome and thank you. It was 2 am and I couldn't sleep. LOL

Trusted Contributor

I've been reading an older book by Linwood Barclay. It's called "Bad Guys" and is the second in a series of four. It's one of my own stashed books and I didn't read the first book but I like this one so much that I ordered the third and fourth of the series on Amazon today. It's the "Zach Walker" series and dates back to 2005.
Respected Contributor

Yesterday I finished The Girls of August by Anne Rivers Siddons.  A group of 4 friends has been taking an annual vacation one week in August for many years.  Due to a tragedy, they stopped taking these vacations for a few years.  They get together to discuss if they should resume their annual vacations and decide yes.  It's a story about reconnecting after time has gone by, secrets they are hiding from each other that eventually come out and a new member of their group who doesn't exactly fit.  It was a very good story.    

Respected Contributor

@Catty2 wrote:

Yesterday I finished The Girls of August by Anne Rivers Siddons.  A group of 4 friends has been taking an annual vacation one week in August for many years.  Due to a tragedy, they stopped taking these vacations for a few years.  They get together to discuss if they should resume their annual vacations and decide yes.  It's a story about reconnecting after time has gone by, secrets they are hiding from each other that eventually come out and a new member of their group who doesn't exactly fit.  It was a very good story.    

@Catty2 

Funny you should mention this book.  Someone left a copy at our Little Free Library.  I went on GR to see if I read since it sounds like my kind of book.  Sure enough I read and don't recall doing so when it came out.  I think that's the only book by her that I've read.

Super Contributor

The Plot is Murder by V.M Burns. Cozy Mystery

The Copper Beach by Maeve Binchy

Fearful Majesty The Life and Reign of Ivan the Terrible by Benson Bobbrick.  I'm reading aroung a chapter or two a week.  I'm a Russian history fan.  

Esteemed Contributor

I just finished A Good Neighborhood by Theresa Anne Fowler, this book was a deep book dealing with several controversial subjects, but very good, really makes you think on so many levels!

Respected Contributor

Just finished Meg and Jo by Virginia Kantra.  Loved the updated version of these sisters.  Beth and Amy is coming out next May and can't wait to read.  All the sisters were featured in this book also.

Onto More Than by Diane Barnes.  Looks like a humorous book. 

Esteemed Contributor

Finished reading The Late Show by Michael Connelly. Very good book. He introduces a new character: Renee Ballard. I like her style and the way she reacts to situations. This is the first novel I read by Connelly and it won't be the last. Besides Ballard, I'll be checking out his Bosch novels, as they are popular. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Esteemed Contributor

@sandy53  Thanks for your review of 'Big Summer'. I'm currently way, way down on the HOLD list at my library. Think I'll delete my name! Don't need to waste my time with something like that when there are so many really good things to read. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

@Epicurean  I had 'The Wedding Dress' on the Library's HOLD list, but removed it after reading another same-old-same-old novel by DS. I stopped reading her books for many years and now realize why!

Money screams; wealth whispers.