Trusted Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU READING? MAY 2020

am reading THE HENNA ARTIST. Her first book,and it's a winner!

Esteemed Contributor

I just finished Sold On A  Monday by Kristina McMorris.

It's about the depression years and a reporter seeing children with a For Sale sign.  
 People bought children then to work on the farms. Their parents sometimes couldn't afford to feed them.

It was a fast read with several twists and  held my interest.

I'm now reading Olive Again after enjoying the first book. 
  Olive is quite a character!

Respected Contributor

Recently finished reading two books by Archer Mayor.  He writes a series with main character "Joe Gunther" of the Vermont Bureau of Investigation set in Vermont.  These are the latest titles in the series:  BURY THE LEAD and BOMBER'S MOON.  They were both good reads. 

Respected Contributor

@1Snickers 

I read SOLD ON A MONDAY and enjoyed it, although it was a tad differrent than I expected, but so be it.  I would recommend it.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just finished Such a perfect Wife by Kate White, very good book!  She is fairly a new author for me, but I enjoy her!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Adventurer's Son A Memoir by Roman Dial (5+++ Stars)

The Shining Girls by Lauren Beukes

Taking The 7 1/2 Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton (a favorite author of mine) on vacation to Myrtle Beach. It's a long mystery and should last me the entire time.

Everyone have a safe and happy holiday!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

Yesterday I finished Lost and Found Sisters by Jill Shalvis.  A story about how life can throw you some big surprises and make you wonder who you really are.  A very good story.  

Esteemed Contributor

Just finished Are You Sleeping by Kathleen Barber, this was an excellent book, and when the truth was revealed I was shocked I highly recommend this book!

Respected Contributor

Just finished The Heirloom Garden by Viola Shipman (aka Wade Rouse).  Loved it and have read one of his others.  Not to be missed. 4 stars.  Not quite 5 stars since it could have been 100 pages or shorter. 

Onto Ellen Lindseth's The Long Path Home.

Esteemed Contributor

I just finished The Art Of Racing In The Rain by Garth Stein, very good book!  Heartwarming and sad at the same time. the story is told from the point of view of a dog named Enzo, very fast read it was just so goof!