Respected Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU READING? MAY 2020

Yesterday I finished Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend by Jenny Colgan.  The story of a young woman who grew up in a wealthy home.  Things happen in her life and she is no longer wealthy.  She has to find a place to live and winds up taking a room in an apartment with 4 guys.  They are all struggling one way or another.  I enjoyed this book and a twist near the end made me very happy that it turned out like it did.  

Trusted Contributor

I got a library e-book of "THE 20TH VICTIM," the latest in the the Women's Murder Club series by James Patterson.  Pretty good, so far.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw@BirkiLadyTotally agree about Greg Iles.  I've read everything he has written. 

Respected Contributor

The Hunting Party (Lucy Foley).  I thought it was fairly good, but predictable.  A lot of unlikeable characters.  3.5 stars.

The Last House Guest (Megan Miranda).  Despite a few loose ends, an enjoyable mystery.  4 stars.

The Night Fire (Michael Connelly), the latest Bosch/Ballard book.  Love Harry and Renee is growing on me.  5 stars.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just finished So pretty it hurts by Kate White,  a Bailey Weggins mystery this was good a detailed murder mystery!

Frequent Contributor

CRUISING ATTITUDE by Heather Poole

Super Contributor

.              Rereading The Protectors by Jolynn Angelini. Caught more OMG moments the second time around.   Can get  it on Kindle or Nook. 

Esteemed Contributor

Smoke Screen by Iris Johansen (3.5 Stars)

Tightrope Americans Reaching For Hope by Nicholas D. Kristof and 
          Sheryl WuDunn (4.75 Stars)

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

Today I finished Daisy Jones & The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid.  The Six is a rock band just starting out in the '70's.  Daisy has an amazing voice and is eventually asked to join the band.  It's a rags to riches story with many challenges.  I loved this book and didn't want it to end.  

Trusted Contributor

I alreay have it but never started reading it. I may start to read very soon. Its called: BEFORE WE WERE YOURS

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece