Esteemed Contributor

WHAT ARE YOU READING? MAY 2020

Happy MAY 2020 to all our readers. Because of the coronavirus pandemic, if you are socially distancing and staying home as is advised, you've got plenty of time to read and explore new books you've been meaning to read.

Please share what you're currently reading, what you liked and what you didn't, and share them with us so we can enjoy them too.

Sending prayers to everyone here for good health. Take good care of yourselves and read a lot of wonderful books.

Happy Reading and a happy and HEALTHY month to all.

Hugs, Sunny

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Frequent Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU READING? MAY 2020

The Sun Down Motel by Simone St James

It's a ghost story and I am about 1/2 of the way through.  So far, pretty good!

Trusted Contributor

Fosse by Sam Wasson.  It's the biography of Bob Fosse that was used to make the FX show Fosse/Verdon.  If you saw the show, the book is very good and details a lot more than was on TV.

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Honored Contributor

I'm reading " Always Home," by Fanny Singer. Fanny is the daughter of famed chef and  owner of Chez Panisse.  It's a lovely story of her experiences, travel, and life growing up in very special circumstances. She also includes recipes that are woven in with her memories of special food experiences.  I'm really enjoying this look at Alice, who was a pioneer of the farm to table movement. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@kristina1 wrote:

The Sun Down Motel by Simone St James

It's a ghost story and I am about 1/2 of the way through.  So far, pretty good!

I read that a couple of months a go.  Very good!  I enjoyed it.  

Honored Contributor

I've purchased more books then I've had in a long time.  My library is closed due to the pandemic, so I've been re-reading books or buying some.  

Super Contributor

I've been reading a new to me author, Diana Xarissa.  There are two series of books and since the social distancing/stay at home orders, I've read all that she has written! 

The first series is called "An Isle of Man Cozy Mystery".  The books feature aunt Bessie, who is past the age of getting her free bus pass at age 60 but not waiting for her birthday card from the Queen at 100".  Bessie stumbles across dead bodies and then of course becomes intertwined in the investigation.  

"Isle of Man Ghostly Cozy Mystery" is the second series and has been a wonderful read.  Fenella Woods finds herself as her aunt's only heir to her apartment on the Isle of Man and all her other properties and finances.  In her 50's she decides to move from the USA and reinvent her life.  When Fenella gets to her new apartment she finds that her Aunt Mona has decided to hang around a while and help Fenella adapt to her new life.  Of course, when Fenella stumbles across a body, Mona thinks it's great fun to try to solve the crime before the police.

These books are all available on Amazon Kindle.  If you decide to give them a try, I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

Trusted Contributor

death by chocolate by sally berneathy. it's a light read and i like her writing style. it's funny and entertaining 

Honored Contributor

I am about 3/4 of the way through LIVE TO TELL by Lisa Gardner! It is so good, I can hardly stop reading it......I should finish up by tomorrow. Love her books! 

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I am about 3/4 of the way through LIVE TO TELL by Lisa Gardner! It is so good, I can hardly stop reading it......I should finish up by tomorrow. Love her books! 

@CANDLEQUEEN   Agree. She is one of my favorite authors.