Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU READING? ~ MAY 2018 ~

@CareBears wrote:

@Judaline I have never heard of the author that you highlighted, I will have to look into her books, thank you for briging a new author into my sight!  The author being Faith Sullivan!

@CareBears  I'm not recommending Watchdog anymore. It's one of her first books and totally different from her later ones. Try The Cape Ann and its sequel, Gardenias. Now THAT's Faith Sullivan.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Judaline I put Cape ann on on request so all is good!

Honored Contributor

@Carol08 wrote:

Thanks for recommending The Good Daughter. I just put it on hold at our library.

You will not be disappointed @Carol08 reading this book.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Trusted Contributor

I read The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware. I wasn't sure what to expect as the reviews were pretty split on the book. I liked it better than In a Dark Dark Wood. But I think I am growing weary of unreliable narrators for right now. We are having a lot of adult children "issues" in our lives at present so for awhile I think I need books that are either sweet or uplifting or pure escapism.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
Honored Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

I am starting a new book called False Positive, by Andrew Grant. This is a new author for me. The description makes me think that it will be my kind of book. My favorite types of books are murder/thrillers.  I will report back when finished.

Well, I was going to read the book listed above. However, I picked up two of my books from the library today that were on hold and they do not have any renewals available on them. Therefore, I need to move these to the front of the line. I will be instead starting  Meghan A Hollywood Princes by Andrew Morton.

@icezeus I love Andrew Grant, I have read a few of his books and they are very well written. I think you will enjoy him. I also want to read The Meghan Markle book in the future!!!!! 

Esteemed Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN SURPRISE I have the Meghan Markle book in my wish List, LOL!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just finished A Breath After Drowning by Alice Blanchard I am one that does not sugar coat anything, if you do not want the truth do not ask me.  This book took me a bit of time to get into it, and I was ready to pull the plug, but I thought I had invested enough of my time I should just hit it head on, and push through.  I would say about 1/2 of the book leads you up to the finale, the author might have over done the information but then again maybe not, I just felt my mind drifting through 1/2 of the book, but then the story took a turn for the better and I ended up enjoying the book.  I did figure out who the bad guy was purely on a hunch, and I was right  Over all I would give it 4 stars.

Now, onto Fall from Grace by Danielle Steel, I have checked this book out and rechecked it out  a couple of times, simply because I ran out of time, I hope this book is worth reading and keeps my interest as I do not remember what it is about?

Esteemed Contributor

@CareBears, I just finished a book but Alice Blanchard and thought it was quite good.  I will read more from her.  Can’t remember the title (my ereader makes my poor memory even worse!) LM

Honored Contributor

I just started FORCE OF NATURE By Jane Harper and already hooked . This is the 2nd book with Aaron Falk. From Amazon...

Five women reluctantly pick up their backpacks and start walking along the muddy track. Only four come out the other side.

Federal Police Agent Aaron Falk has a particularly keen interest in the whereabouts of the missing bushwalker. Alice Russell is the whistleblower in his latest case - in just a matter of days she was to provide the documents that will bring down the company she works for.

Trusted Contributor

Today I finished After Anna, the new book by Lisa Scottolini.  I liked it very much and recommend it.  It is the story of a family falling apart, resulting in the father being on trial for the murder of his step-daughter.  The format is very unusual.  The entire book is a flashback, with more flashbacks within the flashbacks.  I liked the way this format revealed the backstory and I did not find it hard to follow.  I thought the book moved quickly for the most part, with just a little lag in the second half where it got repetitive.  It reminded me of the book Defending Jacob in many ways.  

Before this book, I read Twisted Prey, the new book by John Sandford.  It was great.  It certainly showed the dirty side of politics.