Trusted Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU READING? ~ MAY 2018 ~

Thank you so much for the well wishes @GenXmuse. I wish you and your husband a long and happy life together.

I highly second what @CareBears said about marriage. She expressed it perfectly.

I have Alafar Burke on my radar and have been meaning to try one of her books. At least I think the writer is female. I think the child of James Lee Burke. Such an unusual first name!

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
Respected Contributor

I just finished Edgar and Lucy by Victor Lodato.  I think it's a literary masterpiece (haunting, mesmerizing, compelling).  I could not stop reading.  The writing is extraordinarily beautiful.  I cried through the last 20 minutes (something I rarely do).  This is my favorite book of the year so far.   

Esteemed Contributor

@GenXmuse I had not read the wife but it is on my never ending Wish  List, thanks for highlighting it for us!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Now I'm reading The Escape Artist by Brad Meltzer.  I'm reserving judgment, but at least it isn't about serial killers (it's about government conspiracy). 

I read the 2nd or 3rd Lucas Davenport (can't remember) and the 2nd Kenzie/Gennaro and it seems like they are in a contest who can come up with the most gruesome killings.  I need a break from that. 

Also, I just obtained the 2nd in the Monkeewrench series, Live Bait

Honored Contributor

Remember the author Faith Sullivan? She wrote The Cape Ann, one of my all time faves. I found one of her books which must have slipped between the cracks-Watchdog from 1983. As with all of her books I am caught up in it. Before you read it make sure the subject matter doesn't make you sad. It's all about her 'afterwards.' I haven't checked my doesthedogdie site for this, but it's too late now. I'm half way through.

Honored Contributor

Next Year In Havana, by Chanel Cleeton;

Sunburn, by Laura Lippman;

An Unsuitable Match by Joanna Trollope.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

@smoky22 Your post on Edgar & Lucy and then reading the reviews on Amazon raised an eyebrow, so I added it to my never ending Wishlist, it sounds really good, so thank you for posting!

Esteemed Contributor

@Judaline I have never heard of the author that you highlighted, I will have to look into her books, thank you for briging a new author into my sight!  The author being Faith Sullivan!

Honored Contributor

@CareBears yes! I got the book, Friend Request, from your post on this thread. I’m fact, many books I’ve read or are in my wishlist are from your suggestions! 😊👍🌸

Valued Contributor

Thanks for recommending The Good Daughter. I just put it on hold at our library.