Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU READING? ~ MAY 2018 ~

Seriously, @sunala, no, I can’t believe how fast April flew by!

I’m presently reading THE FLIGHT ATTENDANT.   Jury’s still out...

Esteemed Contributor

@abbalulu I finished the first one The Girl I used to Be, and Now reading a second one with the same title different author, so far enjoying it as well,  I looked at the books I have to read here, and did a double take, what a coincidence!

Trusted Contributor

Thanks @CareBears. It is a coincidence-two books with the same name right in a row. How often does that happen?

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
Respected Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@smoky22, did you finish "Flavia?"  Don't remember reading your thoughts on it.

@LoriLori  I thoroughly enjoyed it.  I loved the expanded role of Dogger and how in sync he was with Flavia.   I also loved that both of her sisters seemed more fleshed out in this book than previously.  I loved the plot and all the extra characters, although I will say, I think the end was a little rushed.  For Flavia to come to her ultimate conclusions I felt like we skipped a few steps.  But Flavia was funny and delightful, as usual.  I'm looking forward to her next adventure.  

Honored Contributor

I’ve read so many since my last post during my convalescence 

Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng- my favorite of the year so far

He Said/She Said by Erin Kelly-I like stories told by different perspectives. Has an interesting eclipse tracking storyline along with it being suspenseful. A few twists that had me zagging when I wanted to zig. 

The Last Mrs. Parrish by Liv Constantine- nothing life changing but I had fun reading this suspenseful tale of who’s playing whom. Kind of a nod to All about Eve, the Bette Davis movie

The Flight Attendant by Chris Bohjalian- I enjoyed this. The character is a bit pathetic but I found myself rooting for her. Unexpected ending and the last few lines of the book gave me pause. 

The Wife Between Us by Sarah Pekkanen and Greer Hendricks-thoroughly enjoyable. Twisted with a heart. Sarah has a new book coming out next month I’ll be on the watch for. Great interview at the end. Greer Hendricks is her long time editor. 

Currently reading The Wife: a Novel of Psychological Suspense-this seems to be my go to genre with wives being prominent. It’s another who do you believe tale. I find myself hurrying back to read/listen to more. 

These books all came as suggestions from you so many many thanks for sharing your hits and misses and recommendations! 🌸😊

Respected Contributor

I'm now reading Monkeewrench #1 (P. J. Tracy) and can't say enough good things about it.  I rarely think of any book as a page turner, but this one has really grabbed me.  I'm about 3/4 of the way through.  For a book I've enjoyed this much, I hope the end doesn't disappoint.  It's so well written.  

Honored Contributor

Other People's Houses, by Abbi Waxman.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

I agree, it was a excellent series.  Thank you for the mention of the book. 

Trusted Contributor

Next up is James Patterson's "THE 17TH SUSPECT" from his Women's Murder Club series, and then "THE FLIGHT ATTENDANT."  Then, back to Three Pines for more of Louise Penny's books!  I am making my way through her series and enjoying them.

Honored Contributor

Just started THE GOOD DAUGHTER, by Karin Slaughter...It sure starts off good!!!!!!