Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU READING? ~ MAY 2018 ~

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

Just started THE GOOD DAUGHTER, by Karin Slaughter...It sure starts off good!!!!!!

That was sooo good @CANDLEQUEEN

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

Just finished City of Endless Night by Preston and Child.  I thought it was good, not great.  I also confess I skimmed the cat and mouse at the end of the book🙄.

My next book is A Place of Execution by Val McDermid.  This one gets a rating of 4.10 at Goodreads so I am optimistic.  LM

Valued Contributor

Just finished Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng....I thought it was excellent
Currently reading The Lying Game by Ruth Ware. So good I can’t put it down. Both books from the Reese Witherspoon Book Club where I am finding many great reads.
Trusted Contributor

The Burning Bed and the Kennedy Detail.

Honored Contributor

@HB glamma wrote:
Just finished Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng....I thought it was excellent
Currently reading The Lying Game by Ruth Ware. So good I can’t put it down. Both books from the Reese Witherspoon Book Club where I am finding many great reads.

Oh same here! Both of those novels were great. 👍

Frequent Contributor

Thank you for your welcoming greeting.

I am reading THE LAST MRS. PARRISH and just finished reading MY GRANDMOTHER ASKED ME TO TELL YOU SHE'S SORRY.

Respected Contributor

Finished California Summer by Anita Hughes.  A fun light read.

Onto B.A. Paris' Bring Me Back, a freebie I received from the publisher.

I liked The Breakdown better than Behind Closed Doors.  Not as scary.  LOL. 

Esteemed Contributor

A few days ago I started to read The Visitors by Catherine Burns. The book seemed weird and creepy and I had a bad feeling about it, so I pulled the bookmark. I crossed it off my list and moved on.

Except, I couldn't get the main character out of my head. Today I couldn't stand it and went back to reading it. Thankfully, although I stopped reading, I didn't remove the book from my Kindle, so it was still there. I'm glad because now I'm enjoying it. I have a feeling the ending will be as creepy and weird as I thought it would be, but I'm still reading.

Has anyone read this yet? There's a pretty long waiting list for it at my library.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

@sunala Please post your final thought I just read the description at Amazon, sounds interesting and right up my alley!

Esteemed Contributor

@ I enjoyed both of the books you posted, @LoriLori our resident Fredrik Beckman lover, many of us love his books, but she loves him as well.BTW way, welcome you will find some very friendly people here and recommendations galore!