Esteemed Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU READING? MARCH, 2020

@BornToShop wrote:

It's been awhile since I read a book in a day but this one...oh my!  Beautifully written & believable book especially in light of the current horrors of the missing Vallow Idaho children & the missing Tennessee toddler, Evelyn Boswell.  Hard for me to believe this book was a debut for Gilly Macmillan!  I highly recommend this book!

A4B020AB-BF8B-4CA1-9E5A-868E1755BF92.jpeg

@BornToShop- thanks for the heads up. I was just able to take it out from my Kindle library. I'm looking forward to reading it!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

I was in the mood for a light and sort of trashy romance book so I read Fix Her Up by Tessa Bailey. It was nothing to write home about, which is probably one of the reasons why it took me about three weeks to read.

Not sure what I will be reading next.

Trusted Contributor

I finished Death of a Gigolo by Laura Levine. It's the 17th book in the Jaine Austen mystery series. The series is a light cozy series that has a quirky group of characters. This book however was about a rich woman and a young hunky guy who appears then is murdered. I found that I just didn't care about the characters. They were all just over the top stereotypical characters. Even the main character had a love story that just didn't interest me. I fear that I may need to give up this series since I have really enjoyed the most recent books. There are too many other series for me to try and find a new series to love. 

Respected Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

I was in the mood for a light and sort of trashy romance book so I read Fix Her Up by Tessa Bailey. It was nothing to write home about, which is probably one of the reasons why it took me about three weeks to read.

Not sure what I will be reading next.

@icezeusI have that book from a win of 36 books I won in the Summer.  I guess I can put that on the backburner.  LOL.  Thanks for the heads up.

I would have given up after 50 pages and not finished it.  I don't think I've even given a book more than a day before I gave up on it.  You sure have more patience than me. LOL.

Esteemed Contributor

Just finished Christmas Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella what a fun book to read, it had a touch of everything, parts made me laugh, parts tugged at my heartstrings, and there was a character that deserved to receive a truckload of coal and the driver of the truck the Grinch himself.  An enjoyable read all around!

Trusted Contributor

I am almost finished reading All The Forgivenesses by Elizabeth Hardinger. This is her debut novel and it's very, very good! It's set back in the early 1900's and though it is a fiction novel, it is inspired by stories from the author's mother and aunts. I would recommend this one!!!
Trusted Contributor

@CareBears, I have read and really enjoyed all the Shopaholic books! I think Sophie Kinsella is a great author and she has written many other books which are not part of the Shopaholic series and these books are also very good, IMO!
Trusted Contributor

@P.S. I haven't read Christmas Shopaholic yet but it is definitely on my TBR List!!! Glad you enjoyed it @CareBears!!
Esteemed Contributor

I just finished "The Bookshop of Yesterdays" by Amy Meyerson.  A great mystery with family and the protagonist's personal issues wrapped into one -- plus a bookstore is at the center of it.  I'm a sucker for books about or taking place in bookstores, so if you are too, you'll like this.

Honored Contributor

@FindingMyJoy wrote:

I finished Death of a Gigolo by Laura Levine. It's the 17th book in the Jaine Austen mystery series. The series is a light cozy series that has a quirky group of characters. This book however was about a rich woman and a young hunky guy who appears then is murdered. I found that I just didn't care about the characters. They were all just over the top stereotypical characters. Even the main character had a love story that just didn't interest me. I fear that I may need to give up this series since I have really enjoyed the most recent books. There are too many other series for me to try and find a new series to love. 

That's exactly what happened to me with this series-about 3 books ago. I guess, there comes a time...............