Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU READING? MARCH, 2020

I just finished Joanne DeMaio's  Blue Jeans and Coffee Beans. I LOVED it.   I am going to read all 10  of the books in that beach series. 

I just started Marie Force's Trouble After Dark. It's book number 21 in the Gansett Island series.   I've read and enjoyed  them all. 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Esteemed Contributor

I just finished all 18 books in the DI Hillary Greene mysteries by Faith Martin, and I am hoping that she continues with the series as it is excellent.  If you enjoy books set in an English village and like a strong female main character, you will like the series.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

It's been awhile since I read a book in a day but this one...oh my!  Beautifully written & believable book especially in light of the current horrors of the missing Vallow Idaho children & the missing Tennessee toddler, Evelyn Boswell.  Hard for me to believe this book was a debut for Gilly Macmillan!  I highly recommend this book!

A4B020AB-BF8B-4CA1-9E5A-868E1755BF92.jpeg

Honored Contributor

A Bitter Feast, by Deborah Crombie; Had no ideal this is book 18 for this Scotland yard defective series.  Lots of reading to catch up on this great book series.

Don't You Forget About Me, by Mhairi McFarlane;  light romantic reading of finding your high school love again your 30's;

The Other Mrs., by Mary Kubica.  Just her name alone means excellent thriller.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Trusted Contributor

I Almost Forgot About You by Terry MxMillan.

Respected Contributor

The Mother of Black Hollywood, a memoir by Jenifer Lewis, and The Inventor, a mystery by Emily Organ.

Respected Contributor

Just finished Bonnie by Christina Schwarz about Bonnie of Bonnie & Clyde fame.  Didn't know much about her before and sort of still don't.  It was mostly about her running around with him all over the U.S. to avoid the law.  Just an ok book.

Starting Minor Dramas & Other Catastrophes by Kathleen West.

Esteemed Contributor

The Suspect by Fiona Barton (4 Stars)

Olive, Again by Elizabeth Strout (4.5 Stars)

Zoo Nebraska The Dismantling of an American Dream by Carson Vaughan

(1.0 Star - A magazine article would have been sufficient.)

Best Friends Forever by Kimberla Lawson Roby (4 Stars)

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Valued Contributor

I just finished American Dirt,a real page-turner  and eye-opener for me.

Tonight I will start Perfect Little Children by Sophie Hannah.

AMAZON SUMMARY

All Beth has to do is drive her son to his soccer game, watch him play, and then return home. Just because she knows her ex-best friend lives near the field, that doesn’t mean she has to drive past her house and try to catch a glimpse of her.

Why would Beth do that and risk dredging up painful memories? She hasn’t seen Flora for twelve years. She doesn’t want to see her today—or ever again. But she can’t resist. She parks outside the open gates of Newnham House, watches from across the road as Flora arrives and calls to her children Thomas and Emily to get out of the car.

Except . . . There’s something terribly wrong. Flora looks the same, only older. Twelve years ago, Thomas and Emily were five and three years old. Today, they look precisely as they did then. They are Thomas and Emily without a doubt, but they haven’t changed at all. They are no taller, no older. Why haven’t they grown? How is it possible that they haven’t grown up?

Esteemed Contributor

@Jasmine19 wrote:

Olive, again by Elizabeth Strout. I liked this book even more than Olive Kitteridge because of the way it deals with aging.  Olive deals with the fears that many elders face: living alone, driving at night, bodily " failures", and moving into assisted living. Absolutely lovely read - the kind that stays with you for a while.

@Jasmine19- I totally agree. I enjoyed Olive Kitteridge but I absolutely adored Olive, Again. I actually wanted to read it over again when I was done, but I controlled myself. I have, however, read parts of it whenever I have it in front of me. Love love LOVED it!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett