Esteemed Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU READING? MARCH, 2020

[ Edited ]

Just finished Little Face by Sophie Hannah OMG what a good book!  I think @CANDLEQUEEN had highlighted this book a couple of weeks ago, and I am so glad I took notice, NEVER in 1000 years will you be able to figure out what was going on, my mouth literally dropped to the floor when it was revealed, that is all I will say so I do not get blasted about revealing too much, two words of advice Read It!

Respected Contributor

Last night I finished The Summer Guests by Mary Alice Monroe.  A group of family and friends gather at a home in North Carolina to ride out a hurricane.  Some of the people are from Florida hoping that their homes will survive.  Overall, I thought this was really long and drawn out.  Many things happen with relationships, etc. but we never find out what happens with some of them.  I wonder if she is planning a sequel to this book. 

Esteemed Contributor

Shopgirl by Steve Martin

Daisy Jones & The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid (Worth the wait!)

The Testaments by Margaret Atwood (Not as good as her first novel IMO)

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KathyM23 wrote:

I just finished Trace of Evil by Alice Blanchard.  She is a new author for me.  This books is a thriller and the ending is totally surprising.  I just placed another book by her on Reserve at the library.

Last night I finished Museum of Desire by Jonathan Kellerman, an Alex Delaware mystery.  He is one of my favorite authors, but I have to say this book did not hold my interest as his others do.

Oh I hate to read this about Kellerman's new novel. I am reading that book right now. I usually love his books; wait every year for his ONE novel a year to come out. I have not read much but only because I have an eye disease and it is getting harder and harder for me to read. Only about a chapter a night but so far I am enjoying it.

I have another book I will read later, THE LITTLE PARIS BOOKSHOP  by Nina George. I read another book by her, THE LITTLE FRENCH BISTRO and I loved that book!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I'm almost finished reading "The Perfect Girlfriend" by Karen Hamilton and it is sooo good! Five stars, IMO! She has another book coming out in June and I can't wait to read it!!
Honored Contributor

Into The Water, by Paula Hawkins; This one was one of the few books I had to wait until the very last page and paragraph to get  my answers.  Love it when I do not figure out all during the read.

Long Road To Mercy, by David Baldacci.  bk. 1  finished this morning and I cannot wait to start on book 2 tonight.  We need more women like this protecting us and our country.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Our library announced they are closing all branches until April 1, 2020. thank goodness I keep the level of books I check out to keep me reading for awhile, not to mention my personal books!

Super Contributor

The Protectors by Jolynn Angelini

Amazon readers give it 5 stars!  I love it so far. A real page-turner!

Esteemed Contributor

I just finished Believe Me by JP Delaney, and I can say honestly I really do not  know how I felt about this book?  I went back and forth, and I am still undecided, maybe it was just too bizarre, I really do not know?

Honored Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

I just finished Believe Me by JP Delaney, and I can say honestly I really do not  know how I felt about this book?  I went back and forth, and I am still undecided, maybe it was just too bizarre, I really do not know?

@CareBears I haven't read this one, but I read her other book called The Girl Before, and I liked it, but it was very different and a little strange.......I have read a couple of those type books where you are unsure because they are so bizarre.....