Esteemed Contributor

WHAT ARE YOU READING? MARCH, 2020

Happy MARCH to all our readers!

Please share what you're currently reading, what you liked and what you didn't, and share them with us so we can enjoy them too.

Happy Reading and a happy and a bright month to all!

Sunny

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU READING? MARCH, 2020

I finished this on 2/29 but the February forum is closed so I'll add it to March.  Pruning The Dead  by Julia Henry.  It's a mystery who-done-it that takes place in a little town called Goosebush, MA.  Overall, the book was a little slow but it kept my attention enough to keep reading and find out who the murderer was. 

Highlighted
Contributor

The Dutch House by Anna Pachett. This book was about a ge...

[ Edited ]

The Dutch House by Anna Pachett. This book was about a generation of f family, along with living in the Dutch House, the good times, the bad, a sister and brother and how their lives changed. Some nights I could not put it down to the early morning. A great, long story.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Dutch House by Anna Pachett. This book was about a ge...

@mrssims , thanks for posting.  The Dutch House gets great reviews.  On the list.  LM

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Maude by Donna Mabry. A true-story, written by the author and her grandmother, about the grandmother's life in the early 1900's. Very good, but also sad. 

Valued Contributor

Olive, again by Elizabeth Strout. I liked this book even more than Olive Kitteridge because of the way it deals with aging.  Olive deals with the fears that many elders face: living alone, driving at night, bodily " failures", and moving into assisted living. Absolutely lovely read - the kind that stays with you for a while.

Honored Contributor

"The Giver of Stars," by Jo Jo Moyes. It is about women who deliver books in depression era Kentucky. It's so good. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Finished Frederik Backman's Anxious People.

Awesome.  Funny, sad, serious, light-hearted, small number of terrific characters, different for Backman but very much fits with his other work, and a locked-room mystery!  (with pizza, a rabbit, and a story that unfolds differently than any of his others).

LOVE HIM! 

Will remind when if I'm still here before it's released in September.  I'm buying one too..  Mine has no cover and isn't final edition. And I'm greedy, I want everything Backman.

Trusted Contributor

I just finished "The Secrets We Kept" by Lara Prescott. First book for this author. It takes place during the Cold War, about women who worked in the "secretary pool" at the beginning of the CIA. There's also a second story about getting Doctor Zhivago published in the Soviet Union and how these two stories are interwoven. I really enjoyed it.

Respected Contributor

I just finished Trace of Evil by Alice Blanchard.  She is a new author for me.  This books is a thriller and the ending is totally surprising.  I just placed another book by her on Reserve at the library.

Last night I finished Museum of Desire by Jonathan Kellerman, an Alex Delaware mystery.  He is one of my favorite authors, but I have to say this book did not hold my interest as his others do.