Esteemed Contributor

WHAT ARE YOU READING? JUNE 2020

Happy JUNE 2020 to all our readers. Because of the coronavirus, if you are socially distancing and staying home as is advised, you've got plenty of time to read and explore new books you've been meaning to read.

Please share what you're currently reading, what you liked and what you didn't, and share them with us so we can enjoy them too.

Sending prayers to everyone here for good health. Take good care of yourselves and read a lot of wonderful books.

Happy Reading and a happy and HEALTHY month to all.

Hugs, Sunny

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Trusted Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU READING? JUNE 2020

I have ordered a copy of ' If I Was You Girl'.

i know what's about but I am certain that this book will open the minds for those who discriminate and will open the hearts for the others.

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Esteemed Contributor

Dear Edward by Ann Napolitano (5 Stars)

Another book that may become a top favorite of 2020. Excellent.

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Super Contributor

Libraries closed so looked through my old books and decided to re-read John Twelve Hawks' "Traveler" trilogy.  it's been a while since I read them but, boy, he is/was a great story-teller.

Now reading book #17 in Brad Thor's series.  I have #18 "Backlash" so that will be next.

Esteemed Contributor

I am reading Shadow Divers.  The author is Robert Kurson.  It's a true story of two American deep water divers that discover a sunken German U Boat (submarine) off the New Jersey coast.  It is riveting and so well written.  You don't have to know anything about diving to enjoy this story!  

Honored Contributor

@appm wrote:

Now reading book #17 in Brad Thor's series.  I have #18 "Backlash" so that will be next.

Must I read these in order? They sound good.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just finished TEAM OF FIVE - THE PRESIDENTS CLUB IN THE AGE OF TRUMP by Kate Anderson Brower.  I love her books.  I'll start Hello Summer by Mary Kay Andrews today - love her books too - great "beach read" every summer. 

Super Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@appm wrote:

Must I read these in order? They sound good.

@Judaline Not necessarily - the first one I read was not his first book.  After reading it tho, I did go find the first book and went on from there.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am reading "The Banty House" by Carolyn Brown. It is a breath of fresh air and I am going to be disappointed when I finish. It's one of those books you just hate to end. It is about 3 elderly, never married, sisters who live together in their grandparents old farm house in a tiny little town in Texas and take in a very young pregnant woman to stay with them. It is funny and just takes me back to a slower and more simple way of life.

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Esteemed Contributor

Barbara Delinsky. Felt like some light-hearted reading. Just finished 'the woman next door.' Now reading a Delinsky novel -- oops, forgot the title, about an attorney being falsey accused of misconduct. Now, you know this intelligent, well-dressed, handsome man is innocent. He's going away to an island in Maine to think about things. I wonder who he will meet.... That's as far as I am in the book right now.

Have a William Kent Krueger book waiting for me after hubs is finished.     

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau