Esteemed Contributor

~WHAT ARE YOU READING?~ JUNE 2018

[ Edited ]

Happy June 2018. Can you believe it's summer already?

Welcome to all the new members of our group. 

Have a great month, and happy reading to all!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

Re: ~WHAT ARE YOU READING?~ JUNE 2018

Currently reading The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah.  Just finished reading Elinore Oliphant is completely fine.  Would reccommend both.

Trusted Contributor

@sunala, Reading Alafair Burke, The Wife. Enjoyable. Last few books have characters in Australia England etc. Do not enjoy. LOVE Fiction. Disappointed we won't get to read Sue Grafton's last book. Looking forward th Kellerman and Slaughter in June. What is on your list this summer?

Trusted Contributor

@ sunala, meant to wish you a HAPPY Healthy summer!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I brought this over from the May thread:

@Tgbtg

Thank you for letting us know about this book. I was going to place it on my TBR list but I can't deal with drunk main characters. It makes me think of Girl on the train which I absolutely hated because the main character was a sloppy, fall down drunk who always made stupid decisions. Ugh...  

I forgot to get the name of the poster, sorry. I just wanted to say I so agree. I quit The Girl on a Train very early on, and I would never read The Flight Attendant. You are so right. But there's something for everyone! (thank heavens, lol)

Honored Contributor

" The Luckiest Girl Alive " , by Jessica Knoll, very entertaining.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I’m finally reading the alphabet mysteries.  So good. 

Honored Contributor

I am hoping lots of good books this summer will keep my mind off the heat. Last year we could not believe how cool in August it was here in Texas.  For the past 7 days we have been hovering around 100º and is only June 1st today.  The next 10 days show above the triple digit mark, so we are looking at maybe two summers in one.  Still reading High Tide Club but have a stack waiting and my air conditioning is running.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Super Contributor

Just finished “ The Immortalists”. Currently reading  “The Woman In The Window “. Next up, a book I haven’t read in 30 years, “And Ladies Of The Club”. I highly recommend this for anyone that loves historical fiction . A long- over 800 pages wonderful read! Happy June!

Esteemed Contributor

Daniel Silva has a new Gabriel Allon book coming out in July: The Other Woman. I read all of his Gabriel Allon novels, and will put his new book on hold. Silva is one of my favorite authors. 

Also, John Sandford has another Virgil Flowers book out in the fall: Holy Ghost. 

I'm still reading The Sun Also Rises. I plan on finishing it, but won't be reading Hemingway again. I can't get into his style of writing. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain