Esteemed Contributor

Re: ~~WHAT ARE YOU READING? JULY 2018~~

@CareBears wrote:

@icezeusAfter the morning I have had Going to need more wine sums it up nicely, and I do not even drink alcohol, did it once and was so disappointed in myself I never touched it again.  I am going to look up the book it has piqued my interest.

@CareBears

Lol!! I have days like those. 

Respected Contributor

@sunala wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@sunala wrote:

I'm reading The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah. So far so good. I'm a little nervous having read some of the comments some of you have written about the book getting creepy. I hope not TOO creepy!

Do not stop reading @sunala the ending is wonderful.

@beckyb1012- you were right. The ending was really good. Of course I cried, and then I felt good. The only thing was, I wish she wouldn't have ended it so abruptly. I felt like she was in a hurry to end the book, and what happened in several years was condensed into a few sentences.

Otherwise, I could find no fault with this beautiful book.

P.S. What kind of name is Ernt? It was like some letters were missing from his name.

I googled the name since I never thought of looking it up when I was reading the book and here is what I found:

https://www.babycenter.com/baby-names-ernst-537935.htm

Contributor

I had picked up at a tag sale HER LAST BREATH (KATE BURKHOLDER SERIES #5) by Linda Castillo. It's a crime suspense series, the characters are Pennsylvania Dutch Amish. I enjoyed it. Will probably read others in the series. You don't have to read in order because it gives background info about the main characters throughout the story.
Currently reading THE SHOEMAKER'S WIFE by Adriana Trigiani. I'm 50 pages in and enjoying it. I have read all of her other books and the characters in those always remain memorable which I consider a huge component of a good book.
Super Contributor

To All of you who suggested Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine...........

THANK YOU!  It is one of the best books I've read in a long time. Hated to see it end.

Respected Contributor

Finished Elin Hilderbrand's The Perfect Couple.  Great book.

Onto Yochi Brande's The Orchard.  Looks like a deep Jewish book.  I'll have to see if I like it.  If not, I will not finish it.  

Super Contributor

Seies by Alexia Gordon.  It's about a classical violinist Gethesame Brown from Virginia who moved to Ireland for a job as a High School music teacher.  She solves crimes and also sees ghosts!  It's a wonderful cozy so far.  

Honored Contributor

@sunala wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@sunala wrote:

I'm reading The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah. So far so good. I'm a little nervous having read some of the comments some of you have written about the book getting creepy. I hope not TOO creepy!

Do not stop reading @sunala the ending is wonderful.

@beckyb1012- you were right. The ending was really good. Of course I cried, and then I felt good. The only thing was, I wish she wouldn't have ended it so abruptly. I felt like she was in a hurry to end the book, and what happened in several years was condensed into a few sentences.

Otherwise, I could find no fault with this beautiful book.

P.S. What kind of name is Ernt? It was like some letters were missing from his name.

I know how you feel about the ending being abrupt.  We went through so much pain and anguish and did not get to savor joy for a change.  Ernt I have only heard a couple of times and usually in the "hillbilly" type novels and movies.  Makes me think of making white lightening/moon shine in thar yon hills.Heart

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Bring Me Back, by BA Paris;

The Garden Of Small Beginnings, by Abbi Waxman;

Christy, by Catherine Marshall

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

@Coopsmommy wrote:

To All of you who suggested Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine...........

THANK YOU!  It is one of the best books I've read in a long time. Hated to see it end.

@Coopsmommy- I know, right? One of the best books I've read this year, or any year for that matter. I'm so happy you enjoyed it!

I love books like this!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

I'm halfway through The Switch by Joseph Finder. It's really good and is keeping me reading well into the night.

I don't know why I haven't read all his books because I really like him. I've read some of them, but now I want to read all of them. Fast reading and exciting.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett