Esteemed Contributor

~~WHAT ARE YOU READING? JULY 2018~~

Happy July 2018. Half the year is officially over!

Welcome to all the new members of our group. 

Have a great month, and happy reading to all!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

Re: ~~WHAT ARE YOU READING? JULY 2018~~

@sunala, I am less than 100 pages from finishing The Outsider by Stephen King.  I will be sorry to see it end and it is 650 pages long!  LM

Occasional Contributor

I'm reading Sleeping Beauties by Stephen King and listening to Twisted Prey by John Sandford. 

Occasional Contributor

I'm just finishing Sleeping Beauties (150 pages left). The Outsiders is next!

Honored Contributor

We bought The Price of Valor yesterday after watching a movie about the life of Audie Murphy, one of America’s most decorated hero of WW II. 

Honored Contributor

I'm reading " Give a Girl a Knife " by Amy Thielen.  It's the true story of a woman's journey from the Midwest to Culinary school and the kitchens of NYC. and back again.  You might remember Amy had a show briefly on Food Net, and unfortunately it didn't last. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

Starting July off with John Steinbeck: Tortilla Flat. It's the first book he wrote. The title refers to a district in Monterey, CA, and takes place right after WW1. The main character is named Danny, and the story tells about his friendships with a group of people; how they always look out for one another, while taking advantage of everything life hands them. Another good read. So far I haven't found a bad book by Steinbeck. 

One of his books The Winter of Our  Discontent was well written, but I couldn't connect with the character in that one like in the others I've read. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Esteemed Contributor

I'm just starting Leaving Cold Sassy by Olive Ann Burns. It's the sequel to Cold Sassy Tree,which I read last year. Great book...funny sad,I didnt want it to end.I hope the sequel is as good. Sad that the author died before she could finish this sequel.  She was a great writer who started writing very late in life.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

@sunala, I finished The Outsider by Stephen King.  I enjoyed it.  LM

Honored Contributor

@CareBears  I'm about half way through Between You & Me, by Susan Wiggs.   

LOVING it !   I'll be back to report when I'm done!  

If you get the call from the library, before I am back here, get the book! 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.