Esteemed Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU READING? JANUARY 2018 HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I just finished The Silent Corner by Dean Koontz and in the morning I will begin reading NYPD RED 3, by James Patterson & Marshall Karp. I really enjoyed books 1 & 2.

From GoodReads:

PROTECT THE RICH. SERVE THE FAMOUS. HUNT THE GUILTY.

NYPD Red is the elite, highly trained task force assigned to protect the rich, the famous, and the connected. And Detective Zach Jordan and his partner Kylie MacDonald-the woman who broke his heart at the police academy-are the best of the best, brilliant and tireless investigators who will stop at nothing to deliver justice.

Zach and Kylie's New Year's celebrations are cut short when they're called to the home of billionaire businessman Hunter Alden, Jr. after he makes a grisly discovery in his townhouse garage. When Alden's teenage son goes missing soon afterwards, and his father seems oddly reluctant to find him, Zach and Kylie find themselves in the middle of a chilling conspiracy that threatens everyone in its wake-especially their city's most powerful citizens. NYPD Red 3 is the next sensational novel in James Patterson's explosive new series, a thriller that goes behind the closed doors of New York high society and into the depths of depravity.

Esteemed Contributor

Why can't people just sit and read books and be nice to each other.jpg

Honored Contributor

@CareBearsThat story from lori's man was something.

Honored Contributor

A Portrait Of  Emily Price, by Katherine Reay;

The Woman In The Window, by A. J. Finn

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@beckyb1012 I have The Woman In The Window requested, it is still on order, your library gets the books really fast, I wait a bit but they usually order when I ask for a title, hope you enjoy your reads!

Esteemed Contributor

I explained that I fit all of my books in 1 box he told me that I must stop referring to our home as a box.jpg

Honored Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

@beckyb1012 I have The Woman In The Window requested, it is still on order, your library gets the books really fast, I wait a bit but they usually order when I ask for a title, hope you enjoy your reads!

@CareBears I am most often number 1 on the list when I see what as been ordered.  This one I have mixed reviews on.  It had moments of boredom but then it would pick back up.  It did have some surprises I was not expecting.  I did feel myself comparing it to other books and a couple of movies I have seen in many different decades and stars. 

With the holidays my on "hold list" had gotten down to only four books so I am back up to about 20 with only one-half the alphabet gone through of my list of Authors that I like to read.  A brand new year with a brand new list!!Heart

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

I am usually #1 also, but I just checked The Woman in the Window is still on order and yet to arrive at the libary, who knows.  Thanks for your thoughts on the book.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh Good my Books Are Here.jpg

Honored Contributor

Finished "The Dry" by Jane Harper.  I liked it a lot but thought it was perhaps a little overpraised.  Now I'm reading "Fire and Fury."