Respected Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU READING? FEBRUARY 2020

I read The Perfect Wife (J.P. Delaney), which is mainly a domestic thriller with some science fiction thrown in. That's the part I loved, by the way.  The founder of a tech corporation creates a cobot (companion robot) in the exact image of his wife, who disappeared 5 years ago. But he gives her only the memories that he wants her to have.  Until she starts remembering things on her own.  I thought it was clever and different and I enjoyed it immensely. Great ending!   

Respected Contributor

@dawg lover  thanks for the heads up on Moonflower Murders.  I'll make a note of it.  

Is there any more news about the last Hamish Macbeth?  

Super Contributor

Finished Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng.  I enjoyed it and I liked her other book but can't temember the name of it.  It was about the disfuntional family where the teenage daughter drowned herself in the lake.

Esteemed Contributor

@smoky22 wrote:

I read The Perfect Wife (J.P. Delaney), which is mainly a domestic thriller with some science fiction thrown in. That's the part I loved, by the way.  The founder of a tech corporation creates a cobot (companion robot) in the exact image of his wife, who disappeared 5 years ago. But he gives her only the memories that he wants her to have.  Until she starts remembering things on her own.  I thought it was clever and different and I enjoyed it immensely. Great ending!   

@smoky22 

Sounds intriguing! On my list now.

Super Contributor

The book was Everything I Never Told You.

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:
@judaline wrote:
@LoriLori wrote:
@judaline wrote:

@LoriLori  Where are you??

Hey, Jude.  Got a heads-up from in my email that you posted.  I know, it's wrong of me to be away so long and I've missed you and everyone and you Smiley Happy   

Lori, that's AWFUL!! I hope whatever it was is repaired and that you don't have the flu. Terrible stuff going around. I miss reading your posts and what you're reading. (where do you get 'em!!! You have books I've never heard of). I'm always interested and sometimes shake my head at the diversity of your reading, hahaha. I always said you were an intellectual!!

snow found an old post from OT about DAYS. I've looked but could never find one. Sad.

You take care of yourself. I guess I really wanted to be sure you are OK. What you're reading is second. Heart

Catch ya later, gator.

Sorry to digress, posters. I'll try not to let it happen again. OK, not too much.

Won't quote my whole post, suffice to say I've been sick with one thing then another then a problem from the other then the first thing again Smiley Happy

Jud, did Snow send you the post?  Please send her my regards. Those were the DAYS.  We had the best time.  I hear the show is just awful from my friend here who watches.  Take care!

@LoriLori  I hope you are done with your trials and tribulations!!! So sorry, my friend. Heal now, my orders!

Yes, snow sent me the post. I am going to try and find some others. I think they would be under QVC old-timer. You would put it in the space where it says community. Spelling must be exact as their data base is pretty stingy.

Did I tell you I got my grandson the book about the cat who has six different families feeding him? Six Dinner Sid hahaha. It's darling.

Drop by anytime, Lori. You know where I hang out. Blessings.

J.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I recently finished "The Unspeakable: A Novel" by Charles A. Calia.  Excellent read!

Excerpt from Amazon blurb:

Marbury gets drawn into a world he did not expect—a world where the past repeats itself, where the mystical is not in a book but alive and breathing. And now Whitmore, his old friend, has to decide for himself which events are really the hand of God and which are the delusions of Marbury gone mad.

----------------------------------------------------

And ... just started something by H.G. Wells that he wrote in 1895 ... The Wonderful Visit.  It's a "fun" read.

From Barnes & Noble: 

The Wonderful Visit is an 1895 novel by H. G. Wells. With an angel - a creature of fantasy unlike a religious angel - as protagonist and taking place in contemporary England, the book could be classified as contemporary fantasy, although the genre was not recognised in Wells's time.

---------------------------------------------------------

I get a number of daily emails from ebook sources ... and almost every day, I buy a book.  I have lots and lots of books to read on my KIndles ... one for fiction and one for non-fiction (and one old Kindle that I take to the gym!).

Esteemed Contributor

Just finished All The Ways We Said Goodbye, Beatriz Williams.  

Goodreads rates it 4.17.  I would probably say 3.5.  Very readable but not gripping imo.  

I am pondering a start of Stephen King's The Stand.  It's a storm day here so a good day to read.

LM

Esteemed Contributor

Yesterday I started The Sky Unwashed by Irene Azbytko. I've had it on my Kindle for years, as it was given to me as a free book. It just seemed like a good time to read it.

I can't put it down. It's about a poor little family that lives in a village in Russia right near Chernobyl. Two of their family members work there, and were there during the explosions.

This was written as a novel, but I'm sure much of it is based on fact. It's a hard book to put down. Has anyone read it?

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

Just finished All The Ways We Said Goodbye, Beatriz Williams.  

Goodreads rates it 4.17.  I would probably say 3.5.  Very readable but not gripping imo.  

I am pondering a start of Stephen King's The Stand.  It's a storm day here so a good day to read.

LM

@Lilysmom 

I purchased The Stand last week for my kindle. It's not to read now. It's for my vacation in April. I have always wanted to read the book since I enjoyed the miniseries so much. I can't wait to start it.