Esteemed Contributor

WHAT ARE YOU READING? FEBRUARY 2020

Happy FEBRUARY to all our readers!

Please post what you're reading, what you liked and what you didn't, and share them with us so we can enjoy them too.

Happy Reading and a happy and a bright 2020 to all!

Sunny

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Regular Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU READING? FEBRUARY 2020

[ Edited ]

I'm reading A Very Stable Genius, I will rerain from commenting on the sunject because this post will be removed.  It is a well written book. 

Respected Contributor

I finished Dance For The Dead (Thomas Perry), the 2nd in the Jane Whitefield series.  I found this one kind of meandering, but like the first one, the end  was very thrilling.  She is quite the character.   I'm sure I'll read the next one.  

Respected Contributor

@scruffsmom wrote:

I'm reading A Very Stable Genius, I will rerain from commenting on the sunject because this post will be removed.  It is a well written book. 

Thanks for reminding me, I just downloaded this book and will begin reading as soon as I finish the last pages of Elevator Pitch by Linwood Barclay which was better than I expected because reviews were mixed.

Respected Contributor

@Free2be 

Linwood Barclay is a new author for me.  I read the title you mentioned and A NOISE DOWNSTAIRS.  I plan to read more of his books; I like a good mystery and "who dunnit!"

Esteemed Contributor

I just finished Murder at the University, book 2 of the DI Hillary Greene series by Faith Martin.  This series takes place in England, and I really like the series because I always learn something new.  In this book, I learned that Oxford College was actually an umbrella for many colleges and was not just a single university.  For students who attend one of the "lesser" colleges, they can still say that they attended Oxford, sounding impressive.  I found that very interesting.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

After spending the day reading, I could NOT put this book down, I finished The Lying House by Rick Mofina, there is  a lot going on in this book, but I had no trouble following it, talk about a surprise ending I had my suspicions, but NOT to the extreme at the end!  New author for me and I will be looking into if he has any other books, this book was very good!

Esteemed Contributor

Finished Murder of the Bride, book 3 of the DI Hillary Greene series by Faith Martin.  Another good book but I disliked the ending.  These books do have a glossary of British slang and also a run-down of the characters; but, unfortunately, at least in the Kindle edition, these are at the end of the book instead of the beginning.  It would probably help to be reversed.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Trusted Contributor

I have two books at home currently:

"THIN AIR" by Lisa Gray - a thriller about a P.I. who recognizes herself in a photo of a 3 year old who went missing.  Now, she must investigate her own life.  Highly recommended by a friend of mine.

"STATUE OF LIMITATIONS" by Kate Collins - the start of a new series by the author of the Flowershop cozy mysteries.  This takes place in a family-owned garden center.

In transit to me from the library:

"GOLDEN IN DEATH" by J. D. Robb - latest entry in one of my favorite mystery series.

Her 50th book in the series!  I can't wait to read this!

"THE MUSEUM OF DESIRE" by Jonathan Kellerman - new Alex Delaware mystery.

"ABOVE THE BAY OF ANGELS" by Rhys Bowen - new stand-alone book about a servant in the kitchen of Queen Victoria.

I'll be very busy next week!

Super Contributor

Just finished two John Grisham books - "The Guardians" and "Redemption."  I liked both but enjoyed "Redemption" more.  Love Amos Decker.