Esteemed Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU READING? AUGUST 2020

I just finished Recipe For A Perfect Wife by Karma Brown, I really enjoyed this book!  The story is based on two women who live in the same house but years apart, and how their marriages differ, but similarly unique, it shows how the wives each deal with their husbands, and their lives as housewives in the house!  There are several retro recipes listed in the book, about 3/4 through something happens that I can honestly say I did not see coming, that is all I will say as to not give away anymore!

Trusted Contributor

@kaydee50 I want to read that book.

Is the wiritting  English purplexed?

What I mean is that I have an English barrier language.

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Honored Contributor

@Dinaki   I found it to be very well written.  Try it.  It's a very interesting book.

Super Contributor

Finished The Gown...excellent read...and The Alice Network....recommend both...stories of complicated strong women across generations...

Super Contributor

Read One Thousand White Women....based somewhat on fact...

Respected Contributor

Just finished Melissa Storm's The Sunday Potluck Supper Club.  It didn't focus on much about that day but on the women grieving for parents and their lives.  It was a short quick read and just ok.  I will not be reading the sequel.  I've had enough of these 4 women in this book.  LOL.

Onto one of my favorite authors -- Beatriz Williams' The Summer Wives.  Been wanting to read this.

Esteemed Contributor

The Geometry of Holding Hands (Isabel Dalhousie Series) by Alexander McCall Smith.  I always look forward to reading this series as it is like reading about old friends.  Nothing dramatic, but there is always some type of moral to the story.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Trusted Contributor

I read Rich People Problems by Kevin Kwan, the third book in a trilogy. I enjoyed this series and I think he did a good and satisfying job of tying everything up at the end. I know it can be a bit confusing with the endless cast of characters but I was able to get past that and enjoy the books.

I also read You Look So Much Better in Person by Al Roker. It was a quick easy read.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
Honored Contributor

Someone Like You, by Karen Kingsbury.

Another Baxter Family grandchild all grown up.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Tansy, W K Kureger is one of my all time favorite authors.  If you haven't read his latest novel, "This Tender Land", you should!  I don't think I've read The Devil's Bed, thanks for the call out!