Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU READING? AUGUST 2019

@Judaline   Thanks for the kind words about my description of "...Kevin."

O/T:  please give @snowball my best. Hope she and her family and cute doggies are doing well.  Maybe she can @ me in tv & movies and we can say hi and talk a little because I'm not going back to the show or that thread.

Honored Contributor

@pateacher wrote:

@LoriLori  

I guess we have different opinions on what constitutes a tough read. I was focusing on syntax.

WHat does my idea of a tough read have to do what you think? Let's look at your post:

Shriver (is) sic writes complex literary prose at which she's a master and it's not an easy read -- it's actually a tough read, do you agree?

I was responding to your question.

As for "lecturing," you did quite a bit that yourself in your praise of Shriver, whose works I have yet to read. 

Hopefully, this will clear up the confusion.

No hard feelings on my part.

@pateacher 

Thanks for bolding my typo and putting that little extra something (sic) there.  

Much ado about nothing.

Once again: 

You were responding to a question that was not asked of you,  it was asked of the person who brought up We Need to Talk About Kevin. 

Since you're a smart woman and you've never read the book, you could have figured out I wasn't asking your opinion of it..

There should never have been any confusion,  As I've already said, my crime was @ 'ing you, or more correctly not deleting your nic that was in the post I copied and pasted.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here is a list of books I've checked out from the library within the past 10 days:

The Perfect Couple by Hilderbrand, Erin (2+ Stars)

Summer of '69 by Hilderbrand, Erin (4 Stars)

Fun read. Enjoyed the historical and musical references this author uses in her writing.

Bittersweet by McCullough, Colleen (5 Stars)

Author of Thornbirds and many other enjoyable books.

Sunny Chandler's Return, by Brown, Sandra (2 Stars)

Pandemic, Cook, Robin (3 Stars)

Disappointed in character interaction; reader knew what was coming; poor ending. This author is capable of much better writing. Will try another book. 

An Anonymous Girl, Hendricks, Greer (Reading Now)

About half way through and am enjoying this author's character development and story line. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@Judaline   Thanks for the kind words about my description of "...Kevin."

O/T:  please give @snowball my best. Hope she and her family and cute doggies are doing well.  Maybe she can @ me in tv & movies and we can say hi and talk a little because I'm not going back to the show or that thread.

Good idea, lori, I'll pass it on to her. snow is my bestie, but I still can't figure her out, lol. She may never mention she's coming back again! She is a woman of mystery. But I'll wait. It could happen. What's the old song? "We'll be together, again." With OT smiling down. I'll certainly let you know if/when she does.

Respected Contributor

@Judaline 

I've read all of Stephanie Evanovich's books and especially liked Under The Table.  I've also read all of Janet's Stephanie Plum books.  She's one of my favorite characters. 

Esteemed Contributor

@BirkiLady , just finished An Anonymous Girl.  I thought it was pretty good.

i am currently half way through The Death of Mrs. Westaway by Ruth Ware.  I think I PTB on this before.  I will finish it this time.  I found it a slow start and generally a slow build.  In the fence about it right now.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@Judaline  No, Stephanie Evenovich is the listed author.not sure of her relation to the other author?

Esteemed Contributor

I just finished Under the Table by Stephanie Evanovich, it was a light, fast read, it was OK.

Onto The Gown by Jennifer Robson,will report when I finish!

Contributor

I started my reading this afternoone with about a third of My Lovely Wife to go. I COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN!  Oh my gosh, the twists and turns!

Honored Contributor

Testy testy.