Esteemed Contributor

WHAT ARE YOU READING? AUGUST 2019

Happy August to our Book Club!

What are you reading today? Please share your favorite books, your worst books, or any reading experience you've had. We'd love to hear from you.

Welcome to all our new members!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Regular Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU READING? AUGUST 2019

Just today finished "The Nickel Boys" by Colin Whitehead.  It was great- based on a true story.

He also wrote The Ungerground Railroad - which also was a great read.

Found a new author of mysteries - Sharon Bolton -  Her mysteries take place in Wales, England or Scotland.  I've read a few now and some are better than others.

Contributor

I just finished AMERICAN PRINCWSS by stephanie marie thornton, very good book about Alice Roosevelt. starting SMOKE SCREEN by iris johansen. Also read David Baldacci,s newest ONE GOOD MAN.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just bought  After Anna by Lisa Scottoline & am anxious to get started.  I have read Keep Quiet by the same author & it kept me riveted.  

A few days ago I finished Where the Crawdads Sing and it took me a while to get through it but I was glad I stayed with it.

Honored Contributor

@nova wrote:

I just bought  After Anna by Lisa Scottoline & am anxious to get started.  I have read Keep Quiet by the same author & it kept me riveted.  

A few days ago I finished Where the Crawdads Sing and it took me a while to get through it but I was glad I stayed with it.

@nova . I read After Anna, and really liked it!

Honored Contributor

@sunala my calendar says July 31st.  Please tell me it still is today Baskin Robbins their scoops for half price.  Every month with "31" days half price day, never miss it.

Reading today:

Meet Me In Monaco, a novel of Grace Kelly's Royal Wedding, by Hazel Gaynor and Heather Webb                                      

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Trusted Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN   Thanks for the feedback!  I like Lisa Scottoline's writing syle & looking forward to it.

Esteemed Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@sunala my calendar says July 31st.  Please tell me it still is today Baskin Robbins their scoops for half price.  Every month with "31" days half price day, never miss it.

Reading today:

Meet Me In Monaco, a novel of Grace Kelly's Royal Wedding, by Hazel Gaynor and Heather Webb                                      

@beckyb1012  - hahahaha I'm sorry! I sincerely thought that there were 30 days in July. I realized it just now when I saw my calendar said it was the 31st. I guess I'm rushing August!

I didn't know Baskin Robbins has half-priced scoops on the 31st. Just as well I guess. It's bad enough they have half price on Tuesdays; buy one, get one free. And Carvel has buy one-get one free every Wednesday. ("Every Wednesday is Sundae.") I try to stay away because it's too tempting.

I'm reading Where the Crawdads Sing and I'm loving every page more and more.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

@sunala wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

Reading today:

@beckyb1012  - hahahaha I'm sorry! I sincerely thought that there were 30 days in July. I realized it just now when I saw my calendar said it was the 31st. I guess I'm rushing August!

I didn't know Baskin Robbins has half-priced scoops on the 31st. Just as well I guess. It's bad enough they have half price on Tuesdays; buy one, get one free. And Carvel has buy one-get one free every Wednesday. ("Every Wednesday is Sundae.") I try to stay away because it's too tempting.

I was wondering why you started this on 7/31.  I didn't want to "call you out" on it because I thought you did it early for some reason or another. LOL

Honored Contributor

@SWEET wrote:

@sunala wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

Reading today:

I was wondering why you started this on 7/31.  I didn't want to "call you out" on it because I thought you did it early for some reason or another. LOL

Oh @SWEET how I so wish @sunala could just go ahead and start the September thread and rush right through Aug. Countdown is beginning put to get past it we must plow through it. Helps with a great read and SUGAR!!

U.S.S. Butterscotch Ice CreamBaskin Robbins flavor of the month on my couch tonight "U.S.S. Butterscotch."

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."