Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU READING? AUGUST 2019

@Ainhisg wrote:

I just came on the boards to see if anyone had written about the book I just finished in one day called The Escape Room by Megan Goldin.  I see that @number one queen  just posted about it!  I agree with everything she said and couldn't put the book down.  Really a different premise!  Will be looking for more books by this author!

That one is on my coffee table now and just have not picked it up yet to start.  Maybe after I finish my current book.  Thanks @Ainhisg I was just refreshing my memory on it by reading the summary on my library site.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego wrote:

@GenXmuse  FYI re the narrator for Never Have I Ever - she’s good, but her voice took me a while to get used to.  Like a little girl’s voice, in my opinion anyways. 

I did like the book- the bulk of it anyways- and for a good part of it wondered if there could be a sequel with these two women sniping back and forth with at each other! LOL

A narrator can make or break the story for me so hopefully I can get used to her voice when I start. I keep forgetting to sample the book so I can hear the narration. There do have some really good ones on audible though that I’ve listened to because they’re so good

Respected Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@Ainhisg wrote:

I just came on the boards to see if anyone had written about the book I just finished in one day called The Escape Room by Megan Goldin.  I see that @number one queen  just posted about it!  I agree with everything she said and couldn't put the book down.  Really a different premise!  Will be looking for more books by this author!

That one is on my coffee table now and just have not picked it up yet to start.  Maybe after I finish my current book.  Thanks @Ainhisg I was just refreshing my memory on it by reading the summary on my library site.

I read The Escape Room last month and what a book.  I usually don't read a lot of psychological fiction but this one had me on my toes the whole time.  I loved it. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Finished The Murder List by Hank Phillipi Ryan.  It was just ok in my opinion.  Dislike open endings when I can't figure out things.

Going to read The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren.

Esteemed Contributor

@GenXmuse  I put in a request for Never Have I ever, I have a long wait!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just finished From Scratch by Tembi Locke I enjoyed it very much, it was beautifully written and had me in tears bringing back painful memories, a book I will not soon forget!

Next up,Someone Knows by Lisa Scottoline, will report when I finish!

Honored Contributor

from Amz Ultd

an Emilie Loring novel

enjoyed it, will read some others 

Honored Contributor

I finished DEAR WIFE, it was really good. I am now starting THE FIRST MISTAKE, by Sandie Jones!

Respected Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I finished DEAR WIFE, it was really good. I am now starting THE FIRST MISTAKE, by Sandie Jones!

I finished The First Mistake a few days ago. It was good! I have her other book on hold at my library.

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I finished The First Mistake a few days ago. It was good! I have her other book on hold at my library.

@Ainhisg . Hi. Is it The Other Woman you have on hold? I read that one and it was good too!