Esteemed Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU READING? AUGUST 2019

I just finished Summer of 69 by Elin Hilderbrand, as I expected I enjoyed the book!

Next up Things my Son Needs To Know About the world by Fredrik Backman I know I am going to love it as I love everything Mr. Backman writes!

Contributor

I agree!  That's why I couldn't put it down.  It was so different and I had no idea how it was going to end.  Enjoy!

Esteemed Contributor

I just finished Things my son needs to know about the world by Fredrik Backman.I hate to say this but I was really let down!  Maybe because I could not wrap my thoughts around a man's point of view on bringing up a child,but it just did nothing for me.  It wasn't until the last couple of pages that my heartstrings got a tug which is almost unheard from Mr. Backmans books for me,

Next up A Noise Downstairs by Linwood Barclay, will report when I finish

Respected Contributor

@CareBears 

I recently read A Noise Downstairs. I really liked it and made me want to read more books by Barclay.  Give us your feedback when you finish the book.

Trusted Contributor

Tonight I finished Window on the Bay by Debbie Macomber.  This is her newest book, just published last month.  I recommend this book because it is a classic romance with a feel good ending.  I could relate to the characters and the author made the boy-gets-girl-boy-loses-girl-boy-gets-girl-again story line interesting for an enjoyable read.  This is a G-rated book.  No s*x, no offensive language, and no violence.  Amazing!  

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

Just finished The Death of Mrs. Westaway by Ruth Ware.  I kept waiting for it to get better.  I thought it was a slow build that never got there. Overrated IMO.  LM

I normally like her books but reading this one was drudgery. Hopefully her latest is better. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

@Lilysmom wrote:

Just finished The Death of Mrs. Westaway by Ruth Ware.  I kept waiting for it to get better.  I thought it was a slow build that never got there. Overrated IMO.  LM

I PTB on that one.  And I wasn't crazy about her book right before TDOMW.  I've decided Ruth Ware is not for me.

@Ainhisg @Lilysmom 

After reading The woman in cabin 10 and In a Dark Dark Wood, I decided that Ruth Ware was not for me. 

Valued Contributor

@LoriLori 

Believe it or not, I was flipping through the guide on my tv and noticed that We Have to Talk about Kevin was playing. What a coincidence!

I didn't get to see the entire movie, but I do understand what you mean. I almost changed the channel after the garbage disposal jammed.  Very disturbing!

Honored Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

I just finished Things my son needs to know about the world by Fredrik Backman.I hate to say this but I was really let down!  Maybe because I could not wrap my thoughts around a man's point of view on bringing up a child,but it just did nothing for me.  It wasn't until the last couple of pages that my heartstrings got a tug which is almost unheard from Mr. Backmans books for me,

Next up A Noise Downstairs by Linwood Barclay, will report when I finish

@CareBears. I’ve read some Linwood Barclay books and liked them. I’ll be looking for this one.

Super Contributor

I used to read V. C. Andrews books a long time ago.  Saw "Mirror Sisters" at the library and decided to read it.  It was excellent.  I didn't realize when i started the book that it was the first of three in the series (I found out when I finished the book that it wasn't "the end").  Looking forward to book number two in this series.