Valued Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU READING? APRIL 2020

[ Edited ]

I finished The Splendid and the Vile by Erik Larson and it was excellent.  It's about Churchill's first year as Prime Minister and England fighting Nazis prior to the US entering the war.  It left me grateful for the leader that Churchill was.  I followed it with No Ordinary Time by Doris Kearns Goodwin, about Eleanor and FDR prior to and during the war. I'm about 40% through it. Both books are outstanding. 

I started the Sara Paretsky V. I. Warshawski series and I'm on the second book.  SO GOOD!  I am excited to have found another series that will keep me in books for a while.

My Kindle is loaded with new books for now. 

If anyone has not read Rachel Caine, she is really good!

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@sunala   I’d love to have the whole Nancy Drew series to read again after almost sixty years. Just loved it.

DH got me the complete Nancy Drew Set on ebay for my Kindle (takes up WAY less space than the originals) and I have been loving reading all the Nancys again...got lots of time! Search "Nancy Drew Complete Series Set Books 1-175 PDF EPUB" on ebay and enjoy them all again (and for less than $10).

Valued Contributor

@coconut1818 I've read every book John Sanford has written. If possible, read them in order.  For example, all the Prey books should be read in order as they characters progress through time.  Same with the Virgil Flowers ones.  Sanford is so good!!

Valued Contributor

@silkyk @sunala @proudlyfromNJ  I devoured all the Nancy Drew books when i was a kid. What a treat to read them all again! 

Trusted Contributor

I'm now about 1/3 into "Perfect Little Children" by Sophie Hannah and it is sooo good! A real page- turner with twists that make you wonder what will happen next!!!
Valued Contributor

I started Sandition by Jane Austen and Kate Rioridan.

Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

This murder mystery kept me up all night long! Wasn't until the very end of the book that I figured out the second murder. Enjoyed this author.

Never Tell by Lisa Gardner (4.5 Stars)

Love this author too........All of her books are really good! I am reading one of hers right now called Never Alone, and it is really good too!

Respected Contributor

Just finished Lori Nelson Spielman's The Star-Crossed Sisters of Tuscany.  A very sweet book.

Onto Tara Neilson's Raised In Ruins (nf).

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I recently finished Rainy Day Friends by Jill Shalvis.  It was really good and the first book of hers that I've read.  Will definitey be reading more of her books in the future.  

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@BirkiLady wrote:

This murder mystery kept me up all night long! Wasn't until the very end of the book that I figured out the second murder. Enjoyed this author.

Never Tell by Lisa Gardner (4.5 Stars)

Love this author too........All of her books are really good! I am reading one of hers right now called Never Alone, and it is really good too!

Sorry wrong book title. I am reading Lisa Gardner's book called FEAR NOTHING.. Wanted to correct my mistake..lol. It's really good so far.