Regular Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU READING? APRIL 2020

Anything for You  by Kristen Higrins

Almost Best Friends by Jill Shalvis

Both I found to be good reads, especially if you like chic lit

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ , @sunala I shouldn't admit it, but I'm reading every hardcover Nancy Drew and then throwing them away.

Esteemed Contributor

@LoriLori , reading keeps me sane in all this isolation.  I don't want to think of a lag in publications.🥺!  LM

Esteemed Contributor

I just finished The Silent Patient.  (Alex Michaelides) I sailed through this one.  Goodreads rates it 4.08.  It was a page turner story about a murder told from two different perspectives.  LM

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

In the Cradle Lies---Olivia Newport

Esteemed Contributor

I just finished Daisy Jones & the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid this was very good!  But I admit the drugs, alcohol, and the free sex bothered me, I know I am an old Fuddy Duddy, but my best friend in high school had a drug and alcohol addictions, and I saw how much it hurt the people he loved and they were helpless to help, and this book brought back all those painful memories!  This was a very deep book!

Respected Contributor

Serena by Ron Rash is the book I finished tonight.  It is not for the faint-of-heart.  At first I was going to say the two main characters are sociopaths, but I have "upgraded" my opinion to psychopaths!  Evidently this was a movie with Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence.  I missed it.  This is not a new book.  It was written  in 2008.  It has been on my pile of books for a couple of years; I just got around to reading it.  It is full of villains, but the storyline is very compelling. 

Honored Contributor

@maximillian wrote:

Serena by Ron Rash is the book I finished tonight.  It is not for the faint-of-heart.  At first I was going to say the two main characters are sociopaths, but I have "upgraded" my opinion to psychopaths!  Evidently this was a movie with Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence.  I missed it.  This is not a new book.  It was written  in 2008.  It has been on my pile of books for a couple of years; I just got around to reading it.  It is full of villains, but the storyline is very compelling. 

The movie did not do the book justice. It was a much lighter version. Really quite a book, tho.

Respected Contributor

Yesterday I finished The Two Lives of Lydia Bird by Josie Silver.  An awesome book and I highly recommend it.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Catty2  Thank you for your review, I put a request in for this book!