Esteemed Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU READING? ~APRIL 2018~

[ Edited ]

I just finished Creep by Jennifer Hillier, @CANDLEQUEEN had stated she liked this book, and I agree,  Warning it does have colorful language, but toward the end the author finishes with a wallop of a story, but it kept my attention all the way through, and I really wanted to slap the one of of the main characters.

I think I have Freak here or waiting to be picked up, @CANDLEQUEEN is this a continuation of the same story and characters or a new one, I was so excited after you highlighted these books I just went right to the library's site and requested both without looking at the description. 

Next read if Faithful Christmas through the eyes of Joseph, I could read Christmas stories all year!

Respected Contributor

I recently finished reading Secrets in Summer by Nancy Thayer.  It's about a single woman who lives in Nantucket and the summer visitors who rent houses around hers for the summer.  Lots of interesting characters and secrets going on.  I enjoyed it and have read several of her other books. 

Super Contributor

The girl in the Tower, by Katherine Arden.  This is book 2 in the trilogy.

Esteemed Contributor

@Judalinewrote:

I loved the Eleanor Oliphant book. Not for everyone, but for me, I loved it.

@Judaline- I loved it too! It turns out I really enjoy poignant, satisfying books like Eleanor Oliphant, and A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman (LOVED IT!!) and Lottery by Patricia Wood (LOVED IT!!) and The Story of Arthur Truluv by Elizabeth Berg (LOVED IT!!) and The Secret Diary of Hendrick Groen 83-1/4 Years Old by Hendrik Groen (LOVED IT!!) and Wonder by R.J. Palacio...and so on and so on...

I'd love to hear recommendations about more books in that category. Thanks!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

I finished Faithful Christmas Through The Eyes of Joseph, I would classify this as a  Novella being only 142 Pages, the book is about what the title states, I found it interesting and inspiring, the author is Adam Hamilton a pastor of over 30 years.

Honored Contributor

@Catty2 wrote:

I recently finished reading Secrets in Summer by Nancy Thayer.  It's about a single woman who lives in Nantucket and the summer visitors who rent houses around hers for the summer.  Lots of interesting characters and secrets going on.  I enjoyed it and have read several of her other books. 

Sounds like a Maeve Binchy!

Trusted Contributor

Just finished Joel Rosenberg’s newest, “The Kremlin Conspiracy”. I don’t do political thrillers often, but this one was great!

Honored Contributor

@sunala wrote:

@Judalinewrote:

I loved the Eleanor Oliphant book. Not for everyone, but for me, I loved it.

@Judaline- I loved it too! It turns out I really enjoy poignant, satisfying books like Eleanor Oliphant, and A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman (LOVED IT!!) and Lottery by Patricia Wood (LOVED IT!!) and The Story of Arthur Truluv by Elizabeth Berg (LOVED IT!!) and The Secret Diary of Hendrick Groen 83-1/4 Years Old by Hendrik Groen (LOVED IT!!) and Wonder by R.J. Palacio...and so on and so on...

I'd love to hear recommendations about more books in that category. Thanks!

My pen is moving rapidly!! Can't keep up! I would love to add to your list but you've probably read them all. Have you read the Billie Letts novels? I loved those sooo much. And The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd? It's a movie now  which I also enjoyed. Mudbound was another favorite. I'll have to put my thinking cap on. 

Honored Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

I just finished Creep by Jennifer Hillier, @CANDLEQUEEN had stated she liked this book, and I agree,  Warning it does have colorful language, but toward the end the author finishes with a wallop of a story, but it kept my attention all the way through, and I really wanted to slap the one of of the main characters.

I think I have Freak here or waiting to be picked up, @CANDLEQUEEN is this a continuation of the same story and characters or a new one, I was so excited after you highlighted these books I just went right to the library's site and requested both without looking at the description. 

Next read if Faithful Christmas through the eyes of Joseph, I could read Christmas stories all year!

@CareBears Hi... Freak is a continuation of the same story, it is really good, I am almost finished with it. Glad you enjoyed Creep. It was good, but yes definitely colorful language.......Hope you like Freak as well...... 

Respected Contributor

THE SECRET MOTHER  Shalini Boland

SUNBURN  Laura Lippman

THE FAMILY NEXT DOOR  Sally Hepworth

SOMETIMES I LIE  Alice Feeney

THE GREAT ALONE  Kristin Hannah....LOVED this book