Respected Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU READING? ~APRIL 2018~

I'm reading Talk To The Paw by Melinda Metz.  A single, high school teacher moves from PA to CA for a fresh start.  Her cat, MacGyver, becomes a matchmaker for her and some of her neighbors by sneaking out at night and stealing things which he drops off on various porches.  It's a little slow at times, but overall a cute story. 

Honored Contributor

attn: @LoriLori I saw this on another board. I kinda feel like you do about it. It's from lilysmom:

@Alison Wonderland, it’s great you have a connection to the place and can visualize locations.  I am that way with Louise Penny’s Gamache/Three Pines series of books.  She bases it on the Eastern Townships in Quebec.  I have been there many times. 

Respected Contributor

Finished How To Walk Away by Katherine Center.  Loved it.  Sad and funny at the same time.  Coming out next month.

Onto Judy Blundell's The High Season

Honored Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN @beckyb1012 I just put in a request for All the Beutiful Lies as well, I do like his books too!

Well I finished it this morning @CareBears@CANDLEQUEEN it was different and took a twist I was not expecting a couple of times.  I intend to read more by this author.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

For those interested in Michelle McNamara's true-crime bestseller about the Golden State Killer (who she named), "I'll Be Gone in the Dark" --

-- it's being reported this twisted psychokiller has been apprehended (please let this be true) --

-- and LE is giving some credit to Michelle McNamara's book.  Others have written books, tv shows have been made but none received as wide an audience as Michelle's book. 

I hope it is him (press conference noon California time) and that she is somewhere where she can look down and know this sick depraved psycho has been caught with LE giving thanks to her.

And that Patton Oswalt knows his late wife's obsession, which took so much out of her, was not in vain.

Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 Have you read The Kind Worth Killing, by Peter Swanson? It is fantastic!!!!!!It is his best book so far to me. I have read them all with the exception of his latest...

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@beckyb1012 Have you read The Kind Worth Killing, by Peter Swanson? It is fantastic!!!!!!It is his best book so far to me. I have read them all with the exception of his latest...

Not more than 10 minutes ago I checked the library site and that is the only other book of his they have.   Put it on my list as soon as I saw it @CANDLEQUEEN

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012It is excellent. Hope you enjoy! And Congratulations on your new grandson!!!! Aren't grandchildren just the best? They are so much fun and filled with so much love!!!!! Enjoy snuggling with him....

Valued Contributor

Just finished, “The Great Alone.”  First book I have read by her and loved it.  I got a truer feel of Alaska from the book than I did on our 10 day trip.

Trusted Contributor

I just finished A Night on the Orient Express by Veronica Henry. She also wrote How to Find Love in a Book Shop which I read not too long ago. It's an easy relaxing read which is what I need right now. It kind of makes you want to go on the Orient Express yourself. I did look at prices and pictures of the train online. It was pretty interesting. Did anyone ever make this trip?

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx