Contributor

Re: WELCOME READERS, IT'S SEPTEMBER 2020!

[ Edited ]

@smoky22 wrote:

I read The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennet.      

It does sound good. I just read that HBO has bought the rights for seven figures to make it into a limited series. I read a review that states that the book doesn't center on the sisters but on other issues. That's a disappointment so I'll have to pass on reading it.

Respected Contributor

Lopse, Donna Tartt's The Secret History is one of my ultimate favorite books!

Esteemed Contributor

@SWEET I have read The Floating Feldmans and it was funny!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I finished a few days ago THE GUEST ROOM, and it was very good, but I was a little disappointed in the ending! It was my 2nd book by this author, and I will read more, I like his writing style!

I am now reading THE ORPHAN'S TALE, by Pam Jenoff..... 

Wanted to add that The Guest Room deals with Human Sex Trafficking, so that is a sensitive subject, and at times was a little hard to read...... 

Honored Contributor

Little Wonders, by Kate Rorick;  This book reminded me somewhat of Classroom Mom a few years ago, but as overachieving competitive Moms of younger children,  preschool age.  Thank goodness I was PTA Vice Pres. and Homeroom Mom back in the '80s and '90s.  Too cut throat today with social media.  Loved the book!!

The Golden Cage, a novel, by Camilla Läckberg; translated by Neil Smith.        

Just started last night and about half way through this psychological thriller.  The author is from Stockholm where the book is based as well.  Controlling unfaithful men are world wide.   This book is wonderful and nothing so far as been lost in the translation of it.                

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

@SWEET  When I first finished the book, I just thought it was just OK, but the more I thought about it the better I liked it maybe because I personally connected with the story?

Super Contributor

Last: Paw and Order by V. M Burns, a cozy.

Now: Design for Dying by Renee Patrick, a mystery set at Paramount Studios in the '40's.

Next: Nothing Ventured by Jeffrey Archer (I like this author)

Respected Contributor

The Blind by A. F. Brady is my latest read.  It's a good summer read. It's trashy sometimes, but there is a purpose for the trashiness.  By that, I mean it fits in with the storyline.  It wasn't just used to titillate and sell the book.  It's a fast read and it is just a tad different from anything I have read.  

Valued Contributor

I'm half way through "My Beloved World" by Sonia Sotomayor and I'm really enjoying it. PS So happy my local library does curbside service.
Respected Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

@SWEET I have read The Floating Feldmans and it was funny!

@CareBears 

I haven't read her earlier ones but now I need to do so if they are as good as this one.  She also has another one coming out but not sure of pub. date.