Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME READERS, IT'S OCTOBER 2020 ALREADY!!

I just started Joanne DeMaio's, Book 11  in the Seaside Saga Series, Salt Air Secrets.  

I have thoroughly enjoyed every one of her  previous books, so I am sure I will enjoy this one, as well. 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

@sunala I am still reading Eli's Promise. I don't know. It has gotten so tedious. I'm tired of going back and forth and I'm anxious for a resolution and TTTT, I don't really care about Maximillian anymore, lol. I'm just kind of disappointed in the story. He sure can write, and I've loved all of his previous books, but this one just needed to end a while back.

Esteemed Contributor

I just finished Elsewhere by Dean Koontz, I enjoyed this story very much!  Everyone lives in parallel words, and althogh the bodies may be familiar, personalities and morals can be the exact opposite.  Bad people still exist , and a very bad person who only loves himself is set to destory the world and everyone in it, so he can be the king of the world (aka Hitler).  Dean Koontz is a master at storytelling!

Honored Contributor

The Comeback, by Ella Berman.

22 year old actress takes off the night before the Golden Globes.  Her star is rising for the past 8 years but she has lived hard and fast and been taken advantage of during this time.  It reminds me of what it could have been like if Britney Spears in 2007 had been under Harvey Weinstein's management and control.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Trusted Contributor

Today I finished The Missing Piece by Sharon Sala.  This is the first book I have read by this author and I thought it was very, very good.  I have already ordered the second one in this series (The Jigsaw Files series). 

The main characters in this book are a private detective and his female assistant.  They are both amazingly smart, quick, caring, and both have very interesting back-stories.  The plot involves the PI being hired by a very rich man who someone is trying to kill.  That is only the tip of the iceberg that opens up in this book.  It was a compelling read.

Highly recommended!

Esteemed Contributor

I just finished Faith Martin's The Winter Mystery.  Jenny Starling, a traveling cook. has been commissioned to cook for a family over the Christmas holidays, where right before Christmas, one of the family members is murdered in the kitchen.  For the most part, they are snowed in, no cell service or landline to call police, and this is a village that she is not familiar with. With no car, she had to find a phone somewhere in the village to contact police.  All of the suspects lived in the house, except for the daily.

This is a decent read, but I found the characters not very likeable.  

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

Finished Susannah Marren's A Palm Beach Scandal.  Not as good as her first one but enjoyable.

Onto Louise Penny's All The Devils Are Here.  I know it's the 16th in the series and I've heard that you should read them in order but I've read books out of order in series and have been okay.  It's my first book by her.  I need to get out of my comfort zone of my usual authors/reads.

Esteemed Contributor

Welcome to November! This thread is now CLOSED. Please check the new November thread for more interesting and helpful book reviews and recommendations!

Happy Reading,

Sunny

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett