Contributor

I just finished reading "the Women" by Kristin Hannah.  Excellent.  Kristin Hannah never disappoints.

Trusted Contributor

My son bought me this book for my birthday. I'm finishing up a library book and then I'll get started on it. Can't wait!

Esteemed Contributor

Love me a recommendation 🥰  Thanks.  Off to put on my Libby tag.

Contributor

You won't be disappointed.

This is right up there with Four Winds. The Nightinggale, Home Front.

Respected Contributor

My library had a long waiting list for this so I purchased it at Sams club today.  Thanks for the recommendation!

Respected Contributor

my library has 96 people on the wait list for The Women. Haha. Might go ahead and buy it, then put it in my Little Free Library 📚 someone will be very surprised to find a current best seller in it

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

I read it a couple of weeks back posted on the February book thread about it.  Such a great book.  I did notice it had a very long hold list. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Super Contributor

I'm #194 on the audiobook waitlist for Hannah's The Women.

Our county library has 35 copies of the audiobook with a total of 892 people waiting. This is just the audiobook waitlist. 

We are a county of readers and we love our libraries! Woman LOL

Valued Contributor

I am reading it right now! On page 511 of 641. Excellent book. Immediately got in to it. Hard one to put down. I was lucky enough to get it from our library and large print as well.

Esteemed Contributor

I read "the Women". My husband spent two tours in Vietnam.  The second time he flew in helicopters often. 
This book told me more about the war than he did. 
   Several mistakes like the length of R &R were noticed but the rooftop restaurants in Saigon were mentioned by him. 
  He mentioned arriving back in the States and as mentioned in the book seeming invisible. Especially his second tour. 
  Most memories as an Army wife and how I felt I'd forgotten. But we saw the wall and the book describing people seeing it was true.  He was silent reading names. When I asked if he had found friends he only said:"too many". 
    He died from Agent Orange.