Contributor

Valerie Bertinelli - Enough Already

Finished this book last night.  I enjoyed it a lot.  Valerie covers lot of topics: love, loss, grief, weight, motherhood, purpose and self-acceptance.  Her love for Eddie Van Halen comes through loud and clear.

Respected Contributor

Re: Valerie Bertinelli - Enough Already

I really like her and have 1 of her cookbooks. I read an article that basically said when Eddie was dying she told him "I'll see you in the next life and hopefully we can get it right then". 

I'm probably a little off, but you get the idea. 

Respected Contributor

@scatcat wrote:

I really like her and have 1 of her cookbooks. I read an article that basically said when Eddie was dying she told him "I'll see you in the next life and hopefully we can get it right then". 

I'm probably a little off, but you get the idea. 

His widow must be a very patient woman.

Respected Contributor

@Scooby Doo "His widow must be a very patient woman."

I agree with you.  Bertinelli is acting like she is the widow.

Honored Contributor

@lgfan I so agree. It's a tacky thing to say publicly (if it's even true). I generally like her but this was in poor taste since it was made public for his widow to hear. And you aren't the widow, Valerie.

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't read the book, but I can't help but feel that the reason she is separated from her current husband is because of her feelings for her first husband.

Honored Contributor

@Citrine1   Agree. She did state some reason publicly but I thought from the time Eddie died that her comments and public grief were waaay overboard, considering she has been remarried for a few years now and her EX husband was married.

On her FN show she seemed very fond of her now estranged husband. I'm not trying to diminish her grief but I thought she could have keep some of that private. Or not.

Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids   Yes, I feel the same way you do.  I, too, thought she seemed very happy with Tom when you'd see him on her cooking show.  It seems their problems started after Eddie's death.  

Honored Contributor

I haven't ready her book yet but I want to get it.  I've always liked her and think she seems really sweet.  I don't know what she went through with either marraige.  Perhaps she never got over the love she had for Eddie and she tried to find the love she was missing with the second husband.  Who knows --- nobody knows but the people involved.  In any event, I guess she felt the need to write the book and vent.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I have not read the book but have no problem with her expressing her love and missing her former husband.  I believe they each attended the other's wedding and stayed in close contact for Wolfie's sake.  Even I expect Demi Moore would do no less if Bruce passes before her.  Demi and the new wife all did the shut down together.  Sometimes love is there but marriage is not.  

I am sure Eddy would be crushed if had to live a life without Valerie a phone call away.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."