Respected Contributor

Re: Valerie Bertinelli - Enough Already

@CANDLEQUEEN   I didn't know that Valerie was separated from Tom when Eddie passed. Or that Eddie was separated from his second wife.

I'm glad he had his loved ones with him at the end. 

Honored Contributor

@Scooby Doo Her second marriage didn't turn out so well. Neither did Eddie's.  His 2nd wife left him.  So when he died, he was alone.  It could be a case of regret on her part.  I don't know if he would have gotten back to Valerie. Back when she got married again to Tom, I thought she got over him. 

Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

I didn't read the book, but I can't help but feel that the reason she is separated from her current husband is because of her feelings for her first husband.

Could be possible. But I have feeling her 2nd marriage was not a good one to begin with, despite the saying it was amicable. I hate that word....I've never been divorced, but that word seems to gloss over the sadmness of a marriage breaking up by making it seem casual.

Respected Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

If it is true he has a history of abuse you can bet it had everything to do with the breakup. Maybe when Eddie died she had an epiphany, and decided to get out. Tom married her when she lost all of the weight, and probably reminded her when she put on a pound. 

She posted a video of how mean comments hurt her about her weight. Her reaction was extreme. I think it is all tied together with her own self esteem, a husband that probably made her feel worthless if she gained weight, and losing someone she loves.

She described her love with Eddie as more brother sister in the end. I don't think it had anything to do with her marriage break up. 

Actually I just read her first book and when they began dating her weight was up and he waited to be intimate and she mentioned she was afraid he wasn't attracted to her because of her weight but he just was old fashioned.  Not to say he didnt say hurtful things when her weight fluctuate.  They both did nutrisystems together, he only had to lose 20 pounds.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

From what I read Eddie was not alone when he died.  He may have been separated from his second wife, but she was there, Valerie, Wolfgang, and Eddie's brother were there as well.  Reports are that Valerie and especially Wolfgang were in the hospital every day for days before he passed.  They were all together.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ you mean tom her present husband?not that i would know,but he always seemed pleasant on tv.maybe that was just for show

Respected Contributor

I found this post from a few months ago and wanted to add that I am now in the process of reading this book.  I have mixed feelings on it.  I won't comment about Valerie and Eddie since many of you have already covered it.  

I have always liked Valerie and I still do but in reading this book I am torn between feeling sorry for her and at the same time thinking that she is acting a little childish about her weight.  She was and still is a beautiful woman and has never been that overweight. She talks about her weight like she was obese.  She talks about how overweight she felt compared to her Hot In Cleveland co-stars.  She doesn't seem to understand that both of these women were tall and slender.  She was short and much curvier.  I always felt that she had the nicer body.  

In her book she talks about her home and how much it means to her.  She describes it in perfect detail and how she hired an architect to design it exactly to her specifications.  She also said she moved to her beach home while her house in the hills was being remodeled.  She has been very blessed to be financially able to achieve all of her dreams.  I'm sure many of us would love to be able to have all of those material things.

There was parts in the book where I said come on Valerie, you're rich, beautiful and you have had a wonderful and lucrative career aren't you feeling just a little bit sorry for yourself.

I am happy that she has finally comes to terms with her weight and her age and isn't constantly striving to attain that perpetual fountain of youth like many of her cohorts in Hollywood.  

The book is enjoyable and I found out a few things about her that I didn't know.  I'm sorry that she had such a love/hate relationship with food.  I've never been one who lives to eat but rather eats to live.  Food doesn't define me.  Her upbringing seemed to revolve around food and your worth as a woman was pleasing everyone with your meals.  That seemed to cause issues with her wanting to enjoy eating and at the same time hating herself for enjoying food.  

Passages in the book just made me feel sad for her because she struggled so much with her self-esteem and there was no reason for that.  She was never too heavy even at her highest which she states was 133 pounds.  

I know she has said that she never wants to remarry but I hope at some time she rethinks that decision.  I think she's a lovely person and seems to have a good heart.

Her first love is gone but she is still here and deserves to have love again.  I know very little about Tom but if what I read is true he definitely wasn't the man for her.

Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 ...........Eddie died in 2020.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

@beckyb1012 ...........Eddie died in 2020.

I am confused, where did I say he did or did not die in 2020?

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

Given yet another attention grab from her, when I saw the thread title, I, too, thought: "Valerie Bertinelli. Enough, already."

What worries you masters you.