Honored Contributor

Re: The Traveling Cat Chronicles by Hiro Arikawa

wrote:

@on the baywrote:

@LoriLori-

It does sound good but I just can't if its a sad ending even with all the five star reviews.

I still cry sometimes over missing my granddogsSmiley Sad

@Onthebay, repeating this here because the @ thing didn't work right for your nic on the monthly thread -- @Judaline checked on a web site "doesthedogdie" and the cat lives.  Now the man...not sure, but I think it's the cat you want to know about. 

And yes I registered a complaint (not meant at you, Jud, and you know that) that there is no separate site doesthecatdie.  Nana would not like that, he would have a lot to say about that and he's at his funniest when he's angry.

Honored Contributor

The book is available now for less than $10 with free shipping on Book Depository UK.  I'm nagging -- like I did with Ove for the longest time (and still, sometimes) and I think no one is mad at me for that LOL.

https://www.bookdepository.com/The-Travelling-Cat-Chronicles-Hiro-Arikawa-Philip-Gabriel/97808575241...

Note to mods:  Book Depository UK sells nothing but books.

It's a book-crime that this has not been published in the US.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LoriLori  you are the Svengali of this forum!  I ordered it.  I love cat books.

BTW, thanks for the link.  You made it so easy.  I figured I'd better do it before the mods get to it. hehe.

Honored Contributor

@smoky22, I am so happy for you that you ordered it!  It's a great deal on a great book you will love.  Their shipping is quite slow but who cares, it's free. 

And I don't think the mods will touch the link because QVC doesn't sell books and that's all Book Depository UK sells.

Svengali, wasn't he a villain LOL?  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LoriLori  you just don't know your own power.  Svengali made people do things.  I didn't mean it in a bad way, just that you seem to hypnotize me into buying whatever you tell me to, lol. 

ETA:  And that price is really good.  Another reason to get it.

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori  I got the book at the UK site. I ordered it yesterday at the 8 dollar price, but for some reason my paypal took it but I couldn't get the site to confirm my order. Today it went right thru @9.70 which is fine. I think maybe yesterday they were in the midst of changing the price and my order sat in limbo. No matter, I got the book and any site that offers free shipping I automatically love. Thnx

Honored Contributor

@smoky22@Judaline, I think you'll love it!  I hope you love it!!!!  It's a special book and I hope you agree.  The feels!  The laughs!.  Put some pressure on myself here -- I very much hope you agree and if so pass it on to others and if you don't...I'll refund your money? LOL.

Honored Contributor

@smoky22@Judaline,

Reminder about Book Depository UK shipping:  They take the book and put it in a tiny boat and give it a push towards us and then they have staff up an down the coast here waiting for the little boat to reach us and take the book and hand it off to a regular shipper.

P.S.  Isn't their world calendar cool?  I get memorized by it sometimes.  Like right now it just said, "Someone in Hong Kong bought "Why Mahler?' two seconds ago."  

Honored Contributor

wrote:

@smoky22@Judaline,

Reminder about Book Depository UK shipping:  They take the book and put it in a tiny boat and give it a push towards us and then they have staff up an down the coast here waiting for the little boat to reach us and take the book and hand it off to a regular shipper.

P.S.  Isn't their world calendar cool?  I get memorized by it sometimes.  Like right now it just said, "Someone in Hong Kong bought "Why Mahler?' two seconds ago."  

A tiny little boat? Oh, well, I can rest assured!! But no worries since you said you'd refund my money. Does that include the tiny little boat never making it to America? Will you refund that, too? Well, I guess I'm covered if you will. I'm really concerned about my $9.70.

Honored Contributor

@Judaline@smoky22, I'm near the end of the book and I can't bring myself to read it!!!  Maybe later or tomorrow.  I mean, I don't usually do this and I can always read it again, I've read Ove three or four times!

Jud, as for the little boat, I ordered "Magpie Murders" from them because I like my British books to come from Britain and it never arrived and I had a protracted fight with them -- they are wonderful but their CS leaves a lot to be desired, particularly since they're owned by Amazon! -- and they were insinuating I was trying to get an extra copy of the book.

It took them about three weeks to send out another copy and they asked me to return it if the first one showed up. 

They made me feel like a book thief.  I said to myself I'd never buy another book from them but I can't resist and I've never had that problem before or since.

Also, ladies, when you open the package be sure and take out the free bookmark.  They always give you one.  Some of them are so adorable.  Some are...not.