Respected Contributor

Re: The Traveling Cat Chronicles by Hiro Arikawa

Well, @LoriLori,  imagine my surprise when I opened my local Sunday paper and there was a reprint of a Washington Post book review of The Travelling Cat Chronicles.  The headline is, "Yes, this book has a cat narrator.  I'm not ashamed to say it had me at meow."  It's a beautiful review.  You can google Washington Post Travelling Cat Chronicles to get the full review.

Esteemed Contributor

My library has ordered The Travelling Cat Chronicles, and it  will be on my to read list. I know there will be a long waiting list for that book. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@smoky22 wrote:

Well, @LoriLori,  imagine my surprise when I opened my local Sunday paper and there was a reprint of a Washington Post book review of The Travelling Cat Chronicles.  The headline is, "Yes, this book has a cat narrator.  I'm not ashamed to say it had me at meow."  It's a beautiful review.  You can google Washington Post Travelling Cat Chronicles to get the full review.

I read the review, it was perfect.  She did a great job.  Thank you for that, I hope other people read the review. 

I just re-read my review (of the white cover) on Amazon and laughed at how I scolded the publishers (otherwise I think it's a nice review; I love writing reviews and I like to pretend they matter).

I see it's inching its doing well on Amazon and wonder how far it can go.  And it's still a bestseller at Book Depository UK (which for those who don't know, sells books to people anywhere in the world), where I was lucky enough to find it and where it's been a bestseller for almost a year.

Trusted Contributor

I just loaned it to a family member over Thanksgiving and she loved it.  Such a good book.