Respected Contributor

@RetRN @AuntG @caramels23 @lmt @pateacher   I am the original poster.  I just wanted to let you know that I loved this book so much that I have been reading all her other books.  Only one (can't remember the name) did I not find to be very good, but the rest have been excellent.  They tackle subjects like Alzheimer's, social anxiety, etc., but there are multiple stories told in each book, and they are all woven together wonderfully.  I just finished her book The Mother's Promise, and it was excellent, excellent, EXCELLENT!

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg, thank you, I will be putting The Mother's Promise on hold  at the library.

Valued Contributor

Did I read the same book as the rest of you? Since everyone raved about The Mother-in-Law, I read it. Wasn't impressed at all. Didn't like the writing style--didn't care about the characters--and thought I would be shocked at what was revealed at the end--I was not. Oh well--that's why this world is so fascinating-- people can see things differently.

However, I just finished the Crazy Rich Asians trilogy and I loved all three books! A really fun summer read--I wish the story would continue into a fourth book.

Honored Contributor

I understand @Gracies Mom . I didn't like the MIL at first, but I felt differently once I heard her side of the story. I guess that's what prompted me to comment about the book. Plus, I always like a mystery.