Valued Contributor

The Little Paris Bookshop by Nina George

My sister gave me the book The Little Paris Bookshop which I just finished. If you are looking for a lovely summer read give this a try. It centers around Jean Perdu who owns a bookshop on a boat in the Seine in the center of Paris. M. Perdu suffered a broken heart many years ago and except for the bookshop put his life on hold. I don't want to give away details but the story was charming and surprising. I read it slowly so I could savor and enjoy it. Perfect patio or porch book on a lazy summer day.

Valued Contributor

Re: The Little Paris Bookshop by Nina George

@WobinLoved that book!

Frequent Contributor

@Wobin wrote:

My sister gave me the book The Little Paris Bookshop which I just finished. If you are looking for a lovely summer read give this a try. It centers around Jean Perdu who owns a bookshop on a boat in the Seine in the center of Paris. M. Perdu suffered a broken heart many years ago and except for the bookshop put his life on hold. I don't want to give away details but the story was charming and surprising. I read it slowly so I could savor and enjoy it. Perfect patio or porch book on a lazy summer day.

@WobinI am about half way through this book and I love it too. Just like you I am reading it slowly. The author, Nina George wrote another book called The Little French Bistro. If you have not read that one you might want to get it also. I read it a couple of years ago and loved it. I love any books that are set in France.

Esteemed Contributor

@icaughtu  I loved The Little French Bistro!

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Trusted Contributor

@Wobin 

Thanks for the info. I just borrowed it for my kindle. It sounds interesting. I actually visited my Pen Pal in Paris many, many years ago. We took an evening cruise down the Seine. I am looking forward to reading this.

Trusted Contributor

I have it on my hold list at our local library.  Now, if only the library would re-open!

Respected Contributor

Thanks, just put a hold for an E book from the library.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Impossibly sweet; I disliked the book.

Her other novel (The Little French Bistro) was also dreadful.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I could not finish that book at all.

I also read The Little French Bistro but her and according to my review on Goodreads, it was sort of okay and I mentioned that I liked the cover better than the book and that the woman who was only 60 called herself an old woman?  I'm 61 and would never say that about myself even though my body feels like that a lot of times.  LOL.

Valued Contributor

@icaughtu wrote:

@WobinI am about half way through this book and I love it too. Just like you I am reading it slowly. The author, Nina George wrote another book called The Little French Bistro. If you have not read that one you might want to get it also. I read it a couple of years ago and loved it. I love any books that are set in France.

I did not know that and will have to look for it.  Thank you.