Honored Contributor

The Last Flight by Julie Clark

Just finished this.  Goodreads gave it 5 stars, and I agree.  Two women Eve & Clare, both running away from a dangerous  husband and a dangerous job meet at an airport.  And decide to switch planes. 

Essentially the women are switching identities. The Last Flight refers to the one of the plane's destination.....it crashes.  The rest of the of the story tells the leading after the crash of one women.  The other tells the story of the other woman leading up to the crash.  Somehow the author makes it very believable.  It also has an ending that stays with you.  This was really an amazing book.  I got from the library after reading about it on Amazon & Goodreads.  It's very suspensful with twists and turns.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Last Flight by Julie Clark

Sounds fascinating.  Will add to my list.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the recommendation. I have heard of this story before but look forward to reading the book. I love this forum because I get so many good book suggestions to read.

Honored Contributor

The Last Flight is the best book of 2021 so far.  Nothing I've read comes close.

Esteemed Contributor

I enjoyed the Last Flight also. It was hard to put down! 
The Four Winds by Kristin Hannah is very good also.

Trusted Contributor

Now I remember where I heard of a similar plot. We watched a movie where two identical twin sisters exchange lives (without telling anyone). One is married and has kids and leads a simple, country life. The other is a business exec in NY and has an active single life.  One of them gets killed in an accident and thus the story begins. Great movie. 

Esteemed Contributor

I read this several books back. I did enjoy it and I gave it a good review. Things are not always what they appear.

I felt sympathy for both woman. 

Honored Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

I read this several books back. I did enjoy it and I gave it a good review. Things are not always what they appear.

I felt sympathy for both woman. 

That was what the author intended.  And she made it work.  I absolutely loved it.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sounds good but after reading the synopsis on Amazon I have to ask:  how did they switch IDs to be believable enough to get on an airplane ?    Did they look alike?  

Honored Contributor

@FranandZoe ...........If anyone answers your questions it would spoil the book for the rest of us.  My suggestion is you read the book to get your answers.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)