Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Guest List by Lucy Foley

I don't plan on reading this book, but if it's this bad how did it ever get published? Maybe the publishers owed favors to the author,  or they were related somehow. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Valued Contributor

minority opinion: I enjoyed both books ~ I get most of my kindle books from the library and only cave and buy when they're priced @ 1.99 ~ 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@insomniac2 , I signed in just to reply to your post.  I was saved by the book forum from reading this book for which I thanked the reviewers.

After reading 300 pages of a 500 page book by David Baldacci,  I am  PTB.  He is a favourite author so I gave it my best shot but it was just to hard to read.  I will post title on the book forum soon.  The book is Walk the Wire.

Happy reading and better luck next time.  S

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The characters in The Guest List were certainly ones I didn't like and couldn't relate to. Or the drinking! 
  I get books on my I pad from the library and they are free, so I read it awhile thinking I'd get another if it didn't improve. 
   It caught my interest after awhile because I hated the characters!  I couldn't put  it down. It was different in that respect from what I normally read. 
   I was glad when I finished it. I'm on the list for the Hunting Party. I don't know about that!

Valued Contributor

Not the first lousy read I've gotten from a Reese Witherspoon recommendation. I have trust issues with her buck club now.

Esteemed Contributor

@Snow Kitten wrote:

Not the first lousy read I've gotten from a Reese Witherspoon recommendation. I have trust issues with her buck club now.

Reese Witherspoon's recommendations are hit or miss. A couple of her books I liked were "Daisy Jones & The Six" and "Little Fires Everywhere." 

Some of her others I didn't care for: "Where the Crawdads Sing" and "Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine", the latter I didn't finish, I thought it was that bad. 

I feel one is taking a chance when reading one of her selections. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain