Honored Contributor

The Five Wishes of Mr. Murray McBride

[ Edited ]

Got this on my Kindle this week. It's the most heartwarming book I can remember reading in years.

At different times I smiled, I laughed, I cried and at a very important and surprising point in the book, I burst into tears and sobbed for a couple of minutes.

I don't want to post any spoilers but if you want something lovely, interesting and just good, please consider this.

I liked all the characters, especially Jason and Tiegan, a girl who is 10 years old like Jason and is his best friend.

It's as much a story of oldsters and youngsters learning about each other and the power of friendship and love.

I know I sound shmaltzy, but that's how this book affected me.

Valued Contributor

Re: The Five Wishes of Mr. Murray McBride

It sounds like a book I would like to read. I added it to my Kindle.

Thanks for the recommendation!

“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.” Abraham Lincoln
Honored Contributor

@azgal If you do get a chance to read it, I hope you'll post your review here and on Amazon. I did and it has rave reviews, which I didn't read before I got the book.

Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids  Thanks for highlighting this book, I put in a request at the libary!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@CareBears If you do read it, I hope you'll love it!

Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids  I am sure I will, thanks again!

Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

Got this on my Kindle this week. It's the most heartwarming book I can remember reading in years.

At different times I smiled, I laughed, I cried and at a very important and surprising point in the book, I burst into tears and sobbed for a couple of minutes.

I don't want to post any spoilers but if you want something lovely, interesting and just good, please consider this.

I liked all the characters, especially Jason and Tiegan, a girl who is 10 years old like Jason and is his best friend.

It's as much a story of oldsters and youngsters learning about each other and the power of friendship and love.

@Love my grandkids- sounds perfect! I'm going to have to read it!! Thanks for the heads up.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Valued Contributor

@Love my grandkids I'm in the middle of a book right now that seems to take me forever to get through.

I will read this book next. I'm looking forward to it.

“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.” Abraham Lincoln
Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids  - My library didn't have this book, but fortunately I just joined Kindle Unlimited for a  free 2 month membership, and guess what book they had? Yipppeeee I am looking forward to reading it so much. Thanks for the heads up!

Esteemed Contributor

@sunala wrote:

@Love my grandkids  - My library didn't have this book, but fortunately I just joined Kindle Unlimited for a  free 2 month membership, and guess what book they had? Yipppeeee I am looking forward to reading it so much. Thanks for the heads up!

@Love my grandkids- So, I read the book and finished it the other day. Wow! I didn't know this thread was here (even though I posted on it). I guess I forgot, but I did read the book and I fell in love, with this author and with the characters. Amazing writing and just beautiful story that I guarantee will make you cry. But read it anyway because it's also heartwarming and filled with lots of love. I am so happy I read it, and I'll keep it forever.