Respected Contributor

Has anyone read this book.  I am about 100 pages in and find it very slow.  Does it get better?  I am about to PTB.  TIA.  LM

Honored Contributor

Re: The Diamond Eye, Kate Quinn

loved her previous book but this sounds tedious

Regular Contributor

I stuck with the book although I thought it was slow to start.  I ended up really enjoying it

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I picked it up at the library and read the synopsis and put it right back on the shelf.  I just went to Amazon and read several pages and it appears I made the right decision.  Kate is a very good author but this one did not excite me.  Who knows maybe a few more chapters and bam it is a bang.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Trusted Contributor

This one didn't grab me as quickly as most of her other books, but I'm glad I stuck with it. I really enjoyed the relationship the main character developed with Eleanor Roosevelt. I also liked the pictures in the back of the book of the real person the book was based on.

Respected Contributor

@NEvans2 @beckyb1012 @Jannygaz @jackthebear  thanks for the feedback.  I will give it the weekend.  If I am not enjoying it by then I will move on.  LM

Regular Contributor

I finished this book but didn't love it. Skimmed thru some of the pages.
Valued Contributor

I enjoyed this book. It reminded me of Pretty Bird, an account of a teenage girl recruited as a sniper in Sarajevo during the conflict there in 1998. (not sure if history here is accurate)

Honored Contributor

Aww, that's too bad. I really enjoyed her other books but I guess that all can't be winners.  I might check it out and see how it goes.

Respected Contributor

@GenXmuse , I enjoyed her other books as well.  I found this one too slow.  LM