Esteemed Contributor

The Dark Side by Danielle Steel

It is really good. I didn’t bother buying her last book, Mixed Blessings about a women looking up old boyfriends. But this Dark Side is a different book from her. A mother with psychological issues.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Trusted Contributor

Re: The Dark Side by Danielle Steel

I read it too, and agree that it was very good and not like her usual books at all.  It has a difficult subject matter, so to those who may want to read it, look it up first.

Honored Contributor

I finished Mixed Blessings last week and it was her typical fare.  I have this on hold at the library and still waiting on the call to come get it.  Will look forward to it after your review, thanks @Nancy Drew 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

Just finished this book and returned it to the library today.  It was quite interesting and I did enjoy reading it, but by half way through, I already knew what was going on with the mother (before the vacation/pool issue.  That clinched it.

She is quite the prolific author, most do a book a year at best, but Danielle seems to do about 4 a year.  I have 3 other "coming soon" on reserve at the library - I think the next one is "Moral Compass". 

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the review @Nancy Drew I may read but hope there is an audio companion available. I have not read a Danielle Steel book in years and this one sounds interesting! 

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the posting! I used to read all of her books, still have quite a few. I haven't read one in a long time, but this sounds really good. Will have to look for it.