Honored Contributor

Re: The Best Books of 2018 (So Far)

I have Woman in the Window too but i haven’t started I yet because I’m reading Still House Lake.  

I’ll take a look at the list and read the synopses and see if I want to add them to my to read list.

thanks @lolakimono

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks @Janey2.  I'm picking up The Woman in the Window from the library tomorrow.  I have The Wife Between Us on waitlist, but will probably cancel it.  I trust your judgement.

Respected Contributor

I just tonight finished Woman in the Window.  When I first started it wasn't sure if I was going to like it.  However, it became a very exciting book with many twists to get you guessing.  Highly recommend it.

I have The Wife Between Us in my pile of books from the library and will start reading it tomorrow.

The Girls in the Picture is one I hadn't heard of but it sounds like my kind of book.  I am going to reserve it at the library.

Super Contributor

Since the passing of Sue Grafton I've decided to purchase all of her alphabet series books in hard copy and read them starting at the beginning of the series.  Through the years I've read a few of them but never in order.  I've been haunting the resale shops building my collection.  

Honored Contributor

The list is what I would have expected. I'd like to read the reviews before reading any of them.
Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono thank you for all that! i always welcome and appreciate book feedback and recommendations. i will definitely save your list 😊👍🏻

Trusted Contributor

I agree I loved The Girls in the Picture.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

Has anybody read The Woman in the Window or The Wife Between Us?  Those are the next two on my list.  I just finished A Criminal Defense.  I thought it was very good.

Read both and The Wife Between Us was my favorite of the two.  It really had me on the edge of my seat @judy0330

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

wrote:

Thanks @Janey2.  I'm picking up The Woman in the Window from the library tomorrow.  I have The Wife Between Us on waitlist, but will probably cancel it.  I trust your judgement.

Do not cancel @smoky22  The Woman In The Window was fine but it took me awhile to get into it and just reminded me of other books and movies.  Just very typical.  But the Wife book was so very good.  You will love it.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

Do not cancel @smoky22  The Woman In The Window was fine but it took me awhile to get into it and just reminded me of other books and movies.  Just very typical.  But the Wife book was so very good.  You will love it.

Thanks @beckyb1012.  I didn't cancel it yet.  I'll try it when it comes around.  I am reading The Woman in the Window right now.  I'm about 100 pages in and I really like it.  I think the writing is really good and I love all the old film references.  So far I don't find it typical.