Honored Contributor

Anyone familiar with her books?

They range from her recent autobiography to a diary-like tale of her recent ocean liner voyage to England to tour around favorite spots to cookbooks for all seasons.  All her books are self illustrated and the writing is also drawn by her.  Just adorable.

Here's an example of her handwriting:

autumn

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

Hi homegirl...

Yes, I own 3 of her cookbooks.  I really enjoy reading her books...Very personal and pretty.

*  Christmas Forever

*  Christmas

*  Heart of the Home

Frequent Contributor

Yes, beautiful books...love them and open for more!

Valued Contributor

I absolutely loved her book about England. I hope to get there for real someday, but, until then, her book takes me there in the most charming way!

AFR

Honored Contributor

@Colinka wrote:

I absolutely loved her book about England. I hope to get there for real someday, but, until then, her book takes me there in the most charming way!

AFR

@Colinka

I took my time and savored that book.  It really was almost like being there.  She seems to have such a lovely life, and she lovingly cares for her home and all her possessions.  I love knowing that the items people surround themselves with are important to them.

Regular Contributor

I love reading her blog on her website. She really embraces the little things that make our lives enjoyable.

Respected Contributor

Homegirl, I was only aware of her calendars, but just now went to her sight and ordered "A Fine Romance."  Such an interesting lady.  Thank you for posting about Susan Branch.  I always enjoy reading your posts.

Honored Contributor

@gmkb wrote:

Homegirl, I was only aware of her calendars, but just now went to her sight and ordered "A Fine Romance."  Such an interesting lady.  Thank you for posting about Susan Branch.  I always enjoy reading your posts.

@gmkb

Oh, my.  You are so kind.  Thank you.

I do hope you will love the book.  As I said below, it truly is something to savor.   Along with her words are many photos and drawings and together they make up a lovely book.  (No, I don't get a commission!)  :-)

Respected Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@gmkb wrote:

@gmkb

Oh, my.  You are so kind.  Thank you.

I do hope you will love the book.  As I said below, it truly is something to savor.   Along with her words are many photos and drawings and together they make up a lovely book.  (No, I don't get a commission!)  :-)

---------------------------------------------------------

Homegirl, A Fine Romance arrived today.  I have accomplished nothing today because I became engrossed in this book and finding it hard to put down.  Thank you for introducing me to this author.  

Honored Contributor

@gmkb

Hugs.  

And wait until you read about pear cider.  (I never found any so I just mixed pear "nectar" with sparkling water.)