Super Contributor

I love her Kinsey Milhone series of books. I did not even know that she had died until I saw a thread on it just tonight. So sad. I wonder what happened to her as I did not think she was very old. I would love to find more books similar to hers.I really loved the characters in her books and her style of writing.

Deep In The Heart of Texas
Respected Contributor

I'm a big fan of hers and have read all her alphabet books.  I read about her death earlier this year and was so sad that there won't be a "Z" book.  At some point I plan to reread all her alphabet books.  Kinsey Milhone is one of my favorite fictional characters.  I believe Sue died orf cancer.  A very talented author. 

Super Contributor

I think in time the family will change their minds about having a "Z' book written.

It would be a great tribute to Sue, not to mention the monetary value.

Honored Contributor

Re: Sue Grafton

[ Edited ]

Her passing was mentioned quite a bit in the media. They stressed she had not done a Z book.  She lived to be 77.

Respected Contributor

It was a shame for sure.  I know she said she was going to retire after Z.    Since it sounds like she hadn't even started on Z I can't imagine anyone writing it.    I'm not a fan of that kind of writing anyway.   I've always been disappointed in the books.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor

@moon_gazer wrote:

I love her Kinsey Milhone series of books. I did not even know that she had died until I saw a thread on it just tonight. So sad. I wonder what happened to her as I did not think she was very old. I would love to find more books similar to hers.I really loved the characters in her books and her style of writing.

@moon_gazer Same here. I love her Kinsey Milhone series, too! I read three of them, now I have two more on my nightstand to read.

Super Contributor

@momoftwo2007 wrote:

@moon_gazer wrote:

@moon_gazer Same here. I love her Kinsey Milhone series, too! I read three of them, now I have two more on my nightstand to read.

@momoftwo2007

You should try to read them all. Each one good in it's own way. I felt like Kinsey was someone I would love to know in real life. So sad she didn't make it through to "Z".

Deep In The Heart of Texas
Respected Contributor

@moon_gazer wrote:

@momoftwo2007 wrote:

@moon_gazer wrote:

@momoftwo2007

You should try to read them all. Each one good in it's own way. I felt like Kinsey was someone I would love to know in real life. So sad she didn't make it through to "Z".

@moon_gazer  I am going to try to read them all.  I didn't start alphabetically. I read W, S and H.  Now I am reading A. Even though I didn't read them in order, they still make sense. She does a good job introducing Kinsey in every book. So, the readers never feel lost by starting from any book.  So far, my favorite is S is for Silence.

Trusted Contributor

I started rereading her books and am enjoying them so much. The first ones were so many years ago that I'd entirely forgotten the plots. Loving the books second time around!

Esteemed Contributor

I have never read her books but I know that she was a beloved author. I just put in my online request through my library  for the first book in the series. A is for Alibi.