Esteemed Contributor

Steven Weber, Actor, wonderful audio CD reader

Driving congested highways to work, I like to listen to audio books to help make the drive pleasant. Great to hear Wings' actor, Steven Weber, read Harlan Coben's book, HOME. Seriously, Weber is one of the best readers I've listened to. Nice surprise. 

Does anyone else enjoy audio books for travel or company on the road? I also listen while I do housework.   

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

Re: Steven Weber, Actor, wonderful audio CD reader

Yes, hubby and I listen to books when we go on long trips.  I used to listen to them when they were on cassette tapes when I did housework, laundry, etc.  I dont have a CD player so I dont listen to them as much as I used to.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I love audio books when I can find them at the library.  Unfortunately, they don't have a great selection.  I have found Kate Mulgrew to be a really good reader too.  I've listened to her own book and one of the ones she did for Joe Hill.  Still looking for the rest.    

Respected Contributor

Audio books are great.  (I still think of them as "books on tape".  Yes, I am not young.)   I get them from the public library and listen via my cell phone.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

he has a wonderful voice. i have heard him do other readings. 

Esteemed Contributor

Going online at our local library site I can search audio books within our county libraries and request these be sent to my library for pick up. My library emails me when books are in and I pick up on designated shelf. I used to think only what was on the shelf was available -- but 'borrowing' from other libraries has been great. I'm going to try downloadable audio books soon.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

I love Steven Weber. He was a hoot on Wings and have seen him a couple of times as a snarky defense attorney on SVU (he was quite good, made me hate the character!) and lots of other things.

Respected Contributor

He is. I just finished a few shorts he did just for Audible. 

There are a lot of great Audible readers!

I really like Ari Fliakos, Kevin Pierce, Elizabeth Knowelden, Bahni Turpin, Bronson Pinchot, Alan Cumming, Edward Herrmann, and Allison McLemore. One of my friends is a huge fan of Barbara Rosenblat's readings.

Esteemed Contributor

A good narrator really makes a difference. I’m currently listening to the author narrate her own book and it is brutally awful. I was even going to send it back for credit, but the good reviews are making me trudge through it. Luckily, it’s very short (partially due to the author’s fast talking and lack of any attempt to emote.)
Esteemed Contributor

@Alter Ego You are so right. I stopped listening to a book recently because narrator crucified a Southern accent. And the setting was in Georgia. I just couldn't.