Honored Contributor

Someone had fun with my library card

Apparently I dropped my small library card and someone had a little fun with it.  The default password used by our library is the last four digits of your phone number.  Lucky for me, it's the number from our old house, which has long been disconnected, but because it was an easy sequence of numbers, they got in.  My card number is the only identifier, so after the librarian canceled the holds on books about pregnancy and bodily functions, I got a new card and selected a more difficult password.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Someone had fun with my library card

@AuntG wrote:

Apparently I dropped my small library card and someone had a little fun with it.  The default password used by our library is the last four digits of your phone number.  Lucky for me, it's the number from our old house, which has long been disconnected, but because it was an easy sequence of numbers, they got in.  My card number is the only identifier, so after the librarian canceled the holds on books about pregnancy and bodily functions, I got a new card and selected a more difficult password.

hi @AuntG -  at least that was the worst they did to you. Luckily it wasn't your credit card!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

Also good thing they didn't physically go to a library and check items out. The library may not have the funds to replace the DVDs or books and you will have all the charges on there. 

Honored Contributor

That may have raised some eyebrows at the library, when they noticed the titles you'd reserved.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

That may have raised some eyebrows at the library, when they

noticed the titles you'd reserved.

--------------------

One thing I learned from this is that a lot of children's books have the word 'poop' in the title.  Apparently it fascinates the kiddies.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Is nothing sacred??? Hi Auntg

Honored Contributor

@AuntG, I don't know what is wrong with people. Such a moronic thing for someone to do. If they had any dignity at all they would have returned the card. Hopefully something  like this never happens again.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RetRN, I suppose you are right but I got a chuckle out of their antics.  Probably a young prankster setting me up as an April Fool.