Honored Contributor

Re: Should I trade in my Kindle Paperwhite and Voyage for an Oasis?

@Sooner wrote:

I am thinking of trading in these for an Oasis.  Have you used one?  Can you compare the models?  Many thanks for any information, experiences or suggestions!

there is a probably a "compare" page on that website 

Honored Contributor

OK.  I did it.  I traded in a Kindle paperwhite and a Voyage--got $75 for them, plus 25 percent off on the Oasis.  So I will see how I do with it and report back.  It does get Audible audio which is a huge plus for me. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

OK.  I did it.  I traded in a Kindle paperwhite and a Voyage--got $75 for them, plus 25 percent off on the Oasis.  So I will see how I do with it and report back.  It does get Audible audio which is a huge plus for me. 

@Sooner

Slightly off subject, but I turned in my Kindle Fire 7 for the Kindle Fire 10.1 inch. I had no idea that Amazon offered trade in's. I just received an e-mail from them one day and it was the best deal 25% off the newer model that I purchased and a credit of $10.00 for my old unit. 

Honored Contributor

The old ones are shipped out and I'm waiting on the new one. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Toot1920 @smoky22 @icezeus @jackthebear @Dusty1

Would you believe the Kindle Oasis got here this Sunday morning?  REALLY!  I just mailed of the two old Kindles about three yesterday afternoon (UPS).  

Wow it is so light weight and the background is very smooth white.  I think I will love it.  It is a little more complicated to see how the Audible works, but it works great!!!  I don't think you can listen and read at the same time like on my IPad mini.  But I think I will love this.

It is SOOOO light weight.  Anyway, I'll start posting some thoughts and reviews in a day or two, I'll put it in this Book Club section, but mods may move to electronics.  WHO knows?  LOL!!!