Frequent Contributor

Can anyone tell me the name of the book that Shawn has mentioned several times. She said it is out of print right now. It had someting in the title about "God's Intentions". Thanks in advance.

Respected Contributor

Re: Shawn's mention of a book

i heard her mention "Second Guessing God."  

Frequent Contributor

That's it, thank you.

Frequent Contributor

I  am reading it now.  It is excellent reading and thought provoking.

Respected Contributor

That's quite an expensive book!!!!

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Honored Contributor

@Karnerblue wrote:

It's out of print, which often drives the prices up for in-demand books. That's pretty crazy, though. You can get the Kindle version for $10, so it's like $800 cheaper to buy a Kindle AND the ebook than to buy a used paperback.

You could also check local used bookstores, which may have it at a more affordable price.

I have to say, though, something bothers me. The author, Brian Jones, is the senior pastor at Christ's Church of the Valley (CCV) in PA and their web URL is "moviechurch" dot com. I can't imagine why a church would select that as its domain name. Between that and the fact that resellers are listing his $12 out of print book for astronomical prices, I don't have a good feeling about it.

Contributor

She also mentioned "The Shack." There were several from others that sounded good, QVC/Shawn should list them somewhere!

Frequent Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@Karnerblue wrote:

It's out of print, which often drives the prices up for in-demand books. That's pretty crazy, though. You can get the Kindle version for $10, so it's like $800 cheaper to buy a Kindle AND the ebook than to buy a used paperback.

You could also check local used bookstores, which may have it at a more affordable price.

I have to say, though, something bothers me. The author, Brian Jones, is the senior pastor at Christ's Church of the Valley (CCV) in PA and their web URL is "moviechurch" dot com. I can't imagine why a church would select that as its domain name. Between that and the fact that resellers are listing his $12 out of print book for astronomical prices, I don't have a good feeling about it.

Maybe they are located next to a movie theater!! Lol.

Honored Contributor

I liked The Shack-forgot all about it.

Respected Contributor

When you look on amazon it doesn't show The Shack as being out of print.