Valued Contributor

Re: Shawn's mention of a book

@lovescats wrote:

When you look on amazon it doesn't show The Shack as being out of print.

The Shack is not out of print.  I am purchasing it at Amazon as a Christmas present for my friend.  I just finished it and found it very thought-provoking.  There is another book that follows this but not by the same author.  The title is The Shack RevisitedThe Shack has received mixed reviews and I think each reader will take something different from it.  I highly recommend it.  If nothing else, you will find yourself re-thinking all you have known about religion.  Enjoy!  docsgirl

Valued Contributor

Re: Shawn's mention of a book

@arubakathy, I, too, went on this journey to find the book (I see someone already mentioned the name of it) after hearing S/K mention it on-air.  I have seen other books that are out-of-print go for astronomical prices, so this might just be the normal way they do things, rather than something to be concerned about (if you are concerned that it is a price-jacked scam, in other words, I don't get that impression since I see other out-of-print books listed with similar prices).  I already had a Kindle app on another device.  

FYI:

You don't have to have a Kindle, it can be another electronic device--even your computer or iPhone. Just download the free Kindle app, then go to amazon & pair it with your 1-Click purchases for Kindle, telling it to send it automatically to the location/device of your choice. Hope this helps!  Here is the link with info about how to do this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/digital/fiona/kcp-landing-page/?ref=spkl_1_0_2165036122&qid=1449488400&pf_...

SerenityNow!
"Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her; still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings." ~Victor Hugo